Browns 1/8

Terms

Hi raiders, set out for a quick bottom fish at browns today the weather was great & so were

the sea conditions on arrival the sounder was showing plenty of fish so we didn't waste any

time in getting the bait down, first drop resulted in a snag but we were quick to re rig and get

back down within 2 minutes we were on and up came a nice Gem of 104cm can't wait for dinner

i thought then we were straight back down up came another which was 88cm then we lost 2 more

rigs before we bought our third gem up. We only had a few more drops before we had to head

home and managed a frost fish would have been nice to have an afternoon cube . Can anyone

tell me why i cannot attache pics and the upload fails i re sized them and are only 43.6kb

Hi terms

On Saturday We ended up bagging out on gemfish at browns.

We then started cubing and after about 20 minutes we had 2 makos circling the boat. The only bait we had was the smallest gemfish of 4kg. I quickly rigged it on the shark rig and tossed it out and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the reel screamed and suddenly stopped and somehow the mono wind on frayed. The wire trace was about 2.5 metres long and the shark was at least that so I guess the tail must have whipped it while smashing the bait.

The water temp was only 19.5 and the SST charts showed no temp breaks within our reach so we didnt hang around much longer. We heared of one boat hooking up to a large yellowfin to only have it smashed by a moko.

Edited by jerryadams

Hi terms

On Saturday We ended up bagging out on gemfish at browns.

We then started cubing and after about 20 minutes we had 2 makos circling the boat. The only bait we had was the smallest gemfish of 4kg. I quickly rigged it on the shark rig and tossed it out and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the reel screamed and suddenly stopped and somehow the mono wind on frayed. The wire trace was about 2.5 metres long and the shark was at least that so I guess the tail must have whipped it while smashing the bait.

The water temp was only 19.5 and the SST charts showed no temp breaks within our reach so we didnt hang around much longer. We heared of one boat hooking up to a large yellowfin to only have it smashed by a moko.

Hi Jerry,

Sounds like you were kept busy to, we would have liked to have a cube but had to return early as i had a few

things i had to take care of that afternoon. It was nice to be out there tho and the weather was great the current was

good and we powered back to the ramp in one hour couldn't believe how calm it got.