Batemans Bay 29th and 30th

Dfishin

Headed down to Batemans Bay for a few days. fished thursday afternoon and night after jewies and outside on friday. Thursday arvo was fun, while catching live bait we managed heaps of yakas, undersize snapper, Bream and heaps of whiting two of them legal and became dinner for later on. After filling the tank with yakkas we headed up the river to try out a new hole recommended by a local. Livies set and thrown out, cooked up the 2 whiting while waiting for the run from a jewie. We caught no jewies but lost count of the amount of shovel nose sharks we caught. felt like 1 every 10 mins for the whole of the run up tide then they stopped. Also caught a banjo shark at about 3 am.

Slept on the boat and woke up a bit late. After breaky and a few coffees i decide to head outside for a fish. With plenty of live bait left i decide to slow troll them around some small islands. only managed to pick up 4 Salmon. We head out to 60m and mark some fish on the bottom, first drop I land a healthy 75cm King. Dropped the jigs down but they didnt want to play.

Decide to drop some livies to the bottom and with 6 live yakkas and over about 30 mins i land 2 nannygai 1 morwong and 1 nice snapper.

Once the livies were gone i didnt manage anything worth talking about.

post-17313-001170700 1325405558_thumb.jpg

post-17313-069122500 1325405615_thumb.jpg

post-17313-078202600 1325405748_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dfishin

Headed down to Batemans Bay for a few days. fished thursday afternoon and night after jewies and outside on friday. Thursday arvo was fun, while catching live bait we managed heaps of yakas, undersize snapper, Bream and heaps of whiting two of them legal and became dinner for later on. After filling the tank with yakkas we headed up the river to try out a new hole recommended by a local. Livies set and thrown out, cooked up the 2 whiting for my wife and me while waiting for the run from a jewie. We caught no jewies but lost count of the amount of shovel nose sharks we caught. felt like 1 every 10 mins for the whole of the run up tide then they stopped. Also caught a banjo shark at about 3 am.

Slept on the boat and woke up a bit late. After breaky and a few coffees i decide to head outside for a fish. With plenty of live bait left i decide to slow troll them around some small islands. only managed to pick up 4 Salmon. We head out to 60m and mark some fish on the bottom, first drop my wife hooks up and handed the rod over to me as she couldnt lift it off the bottom. I finish the fight and land a healthy 75cm King. Dropped the jigs down but they didnt want to play.

Decide to drop some livies to the bottom and with 6 live yakkas and over about 30 mins i land 2 nannygai 1 morwong and 1 nice snapper.

Once the livies were gone i didnt manage anything worth talking about.

Hi mate,

I too fished Batemans at the same time and found plenty of jews around the big island in the river only on the very top of high tide using plastics during the day and nothing of a night,as this was my first time fishing the river down there we were very happy with our catch, Ihope this info helps with your next trip at Batemans.

Hi mate,

I too fished Batemans at the same time and found plenty of jews around the big island in the river only on the very top of high tide using plastics during the day and nothing of a night,as this was my first time fishing the river down there we were very happy with our catch, Ihope this info helps with your next trip at Batemans.

Yeh i have landed a few nice jewies at that island but decided to try this other spot after last time the island didnt produce a jew. Was kicking myself i didnt try the island. Thanks mate

Dave

Edited by Dfishin