pittwater

fishhed

hi, raiders,

its been a while to get around to posting this but earlier this month we went fishing on kayaks around scotland island. it was a rising tide when we got there and it was pretty quiet, so i started burleying up with pillie chunks, we waited for a while and right on high tide we spotted kings down our burley trail.it wasnt long before one of our reels was screaming the fish was fought for about 1min and then pop it was off. it cut the line on some structure as the setup didnt have enough stopping power (2-4kg rod, 8lb line). then my rod went of (using same bait) i thought it was a king at first then finally it jumped a few times, i knew it was a salmon. just landed it as the hook came out, it was my first decent salmon around 45-50cm, i didnt measure it, then we finished offthe day with a small stingray, overall it was a fun day, im spewing we didnt land that king it would have been a first!

hi, raiders,

its been a while to get around to posting this but earlier this month we went fishing on kayaks around scotland island. it was a rising tide when we got there and it was pretty quiet, so i started burleying up with pillie chunks, we waited for a while and right on high tide we spotted kings down our burley trail.it wasnt long before one of our reels was screaming the fish was fought for about 1min and then pop it was off. it cut the line on some structure as the setup didnt have enough stopping power (2-4kg rod, 8lb line). then my rod went of (using same bait) i thought it was a king at first then finally it jumped a few times, i knew it was a salmon. just landed it as the hook came out, it was my first decent salmon around 45-50cm, i didnt measure it, then we finished offthe day with a small stingray, overall it was a fun day, im spewing we didnt land that king it would have been a first!

Great report mate!

Bad luck about the King, Congrats on salmon!

I have heard the fishing is getting good around that way.

Well done and i hope more good fishing is to come.

Cheers,

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...