Haines Hunter

aquaaddict

gday,looking 2 buy a new 2nd hand boat ,ive been looking at the haines hunter range,but im unsure of all the model types,if any one knows what the letters stand for these boats could u please tell me,550C,19R

,17 L,580 SL,520SF,19VC,600BR,i know the numbers are length and guessing BR is bowrider,C is cuddy maybe ,wouldnt have a clue with the others ,and do all the haines hunters handle well in rough weather or is there a stand out model, thanks in advance shane :biggrin2:

gday,looking 2 buy a new 2nd hand boat ,ive been looking at the haines hunter range,but im unsure of all the model types,if any one knows what the letters stand for these boats could u please tell me,550C,19R

,17 L,580 SL,520SF,19VC,600BR,i know the numbers are length and guessing BR is bowrider,C is cuddy maybe ,wouldnt have a clue with the others ,and do all the haines hunters handle well in rough weather or is there a stand out model, thanks in advance shane :biggrin2:

I will try to get you started on the HH codes:

V = vee hull

17, 19, etc = Length in feet

550, etc = Length in meters (5.5m)

R = Runabout

C = Cabin (half Cabin)

L = Low Profile (ie a cabin with very poor headroom) and I think HH started off the whole design trend in Australia)

SF = Sport Fisherman I believe, but not sure how to define that!

So, for instance, I have a Haines Hunter V17L = Vee Hull 17ft Low Profile. It is a very comfortable boat when it gets rough but is a little tender when at anchor because of the deep vee. It also takes a fair bit of speed to get on a plane. I can't find a photo of mine right now, but the one below belongs to member Pirate Pete.

post-533-1140440068_thumb.jpg

I am sure someone will fill in the missing codes.

Michael

Edited by Michaelr