Skiing At Swansea

bullfrog

Does anyone know any places to ski in the Swansea area?

There is a reasonable sheltered area near the Swansea Gardens caravan park, but I was wondering if there were other areas of the lake where the water was quite calm. We were at Windsor last Saturday morning but it starts to get very crowded by mid morning and my kids need a bit more space as they are new to the sport.

Cheers,

The problem with swansea is the air tempreture dosent get down low enough to greate snow and consequently the last few seasons (since the last ice age) have been crap. Id try perisher or thredbo

Edited by phild

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know any places to ski in the Swansea area?

There is a reasonable sheltered area near the Swansea Gardens caravan park, but I was wondering if there were other areas of the lake where the water was quite calm. We were at Windsor last Saturday morning but it starts to get very crowded by mid morning and my kids need a bit more space as they are new to the sport.

Cheers,

Hi Bullfrog,

The wind's been coming up around lunchtime just about everyday lately. If I'm thinking of the area behind the caravan park that you mentioned, it's been "Bouyed off" so you can't take your boat in there period. I don't ski but there are plenty of shelterd bays close to Swansea (use the lake road ramp to cut down on travelling time by boat). You could try down around Nord's Wharf or Myuna bay over on the western side to seek shelter from the arvo nor' easters as I see a lot of skiers around these areas. Just be careful not to annoy the fishing folk as one of them might be me.

Cheers,

Anthony.

Best bet would be head north a few K's and ski from Croudace Bay (Just south of Warners Bay), good ramp and facilities and is a commonly used ski area, skiing the channel at this time of year would be something akin to suicide. Swan Bay at Marks Point is also used but there a lot of moored boats in there.

Cheers

Geoff

Cheers for the welcome Chris, Bullfrog I've given you a bum steer. There is still a small area behind the caravan park at the southern end where you can bring your boat into the shore. It's a bit shallow and weedy so it might pay to check it out for yourself before you commit. Squizzie's on the money too.

Cheers,

Anthony.