My First "dolly"

Lewis

G,day Fishraiders.

Went back out to wave rider on Wednesday morning from Port harbour, arrived at the bouy at around 6.30am, started floating a couple of pillies out the back of the boat and didnt take long befor my first hit, but to end with no joy. Rebaited and again it wasnt long before my lightest rig went off, afew minutes later I landed my very first dolphin fish, not a huge fish but a fairly respectable 62cm. :yahoo::yahoo::thumbup: My joy didnt last very long as I made my way back to make another pass by the bouy the southerly wind picked to around 20 to 25kts and very choppy, :05: in my 4.5 poly and 12ks out I decided to move in towards the Islands "Pig and Toothbrush" to troll acouple of small pink and white skirts which also paid off with a nice stripey of 58cm and two very respectable taylor at 52cm. :thumbup: I will try and retrieve the picks off my phone and post them at a later date.

Yeah! Hat.

Ya gotta pick your days and be prepared to leave early even if the fish are on the bite, but ive been out to the FAD and traps locally around 16 to 18ks at times, I also keep all the appropriate safety gear, emergency epirb, gps, flares and a good radio. :biggrin2: