After Work On The Waitemata

clutch

Hey Guys, since the weather has been crap (windy) for the last week, I seized the opportunity to venture out after work today after such a beautiful morning

The wind did pick up and became quite brisk.....

Nothing big was caught........I spent 2 hours out there and came back when my bag of baby squid was gone

Took home 7 snapper.....all pretty small and now in my Aunt and Uncles fridge/freezer for upcoming meals

As I was leaving the beach this nice tinnie was being pulled out.....now that would suit me

And I should always end with a pic of Rangitoto :biggrin2:

not sure where Waitemata is, but it looks very similar to where my dad grew up ( Paraparaumu). As a kid he used to drive the boat clubs tractor on the beach to help launch and retrieve boats. My grandparents used to fish kapiti regularly smashing big some monster fish

not sure where Waitemata is, but it looks very similar to where my dad grew up ( Paraparaumu). As a kid he used to drive the boat clubs tractor on the beach to help launch and retrieve boats. My grandparents used to fish kapiti regularly smashing big some monster fish

Inked the Waitemata (Sparkling Water) is Aucklands harbour.

and for all of you that tractor is the boating clubs tractor. They have a couple of them and if you are a member of the club you have access to the tractors kept in sheds.

we have a North Harbour Sea Rescue boat stationed here and that tractor is used to launch it.

It has been elevated to be able to launch any tide and in any weather........just keep driving back till shes floating :biggrin2:

Having said that; in an emergency you could probably drive in forwards and have it float off the back

Edited by clutch

Hey Clutch, I know you said they are all small but what do you consider small. In Sydney/Bondi a territory of New Zealand they could be considered big.

It looks as if they are all bigger than pan size.

Any way thats a nice catch

Cheers

Martin