Now Thats More Like It

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

My neighbour had been telling me for months , he had discovered a nice secluded spot on the river not far from home that produces good fish at times .

So still sulking from my doughnut on Saturday night , I finally agreed to go with him and check out his spot.

Now , as you do , being totally unprepared for the outing , All I had for bait was a 1 dozen large prawns which had been marinaded in garlic and had been skewered ready for the barbie.

So we set up at On Spot X , and cast out , and bugger me , within minutes , I had a pan size Flounder on the deck .

He followed with a just undersize Flattie , then a small bream.

I replied by locking on to a verry nice flattie that went 55 cms which I placed in the keeper net and then rebaited.

Lo and behold my next trick was a fairly large catfish.

The cattie blew me away , because It was only the second one I had caught here , the last one being 4 years ago in the mini flood.

I filleted the Flattie on the spot , give my FB one fillet , and I had the other one for din din last night , baked in Black Bean Sauce .

Might just try that spot again later this week , But Garlic Prawns are slightly too expensive for Flatties , might get some white bait when I`m in town later on today .

Mick