Maroubra Fad 11/3/06

Gibbofisho

G'day Fellas,

Me and a mate who i usually dive with decided to take his boat for a spin out to the fad on saturday seeing as conditions were looking good and the water was a delicious 24 degrees. We got to the Fad around 6ish and rigged up our lines and floated some half pillies down the current, we would leave the bail arm open and let some line peel off the spool to ensue the bait was aptly taken then snap the reels into gear and have the time of our lives, i was on 3kg spin gear and my mate caught a few fish on 1kg for his amature sportsfishing masters. With a few fish landed he decided to get serious about landing a decent feed on 4kg.

These fish are the most fun anyone can have i reckon, with about 150m of water to play in it was awesome to watch my rod tip doubled over and line tear off the spool and the mahi mahi made plunging runs do the depths then tear off along the surface and do cartwheels in the air in a vain attempt to dislodge the hook. One fish i caught made a ball tearing run for about 30m across the surface, so fast that he left bow waves in his wake. We caught 10 dollies each and i cooked some up last night, filleted skinned and boned in a lime butter and white wine sauce has to be the most delicious way to eat dolly or kingfish, if anyone wants the recipe and a happy :wife: just ask and i'll post it up.

Here are some pics from the day!

post-992-1142226373_thumb.jpg

Me with the largest dolly of the day

P3111565.jpg

Dutchie with his biggest

P3111563.jpg

I think this was my first dolly landed, so that explains the smile!

P3111560.jpg

Dutchie with one of his dollies on 1kg

P3100051.jpg

The catch, needless to say, i am eating dolphin fish all week!

P3111568.jpg

And it turns out this was a thicklip trevally!

Edited by Gibbofisho

Good report gibbo. Was first to the fad again!!!! Yer was good fun out there, especially catching them on 1kg gear (woohoo now have 10 sportsfsihing masters) and hmmmmm tasted awsome last night!

Congrats on your masters Dutchie ,thats a great acheivement to get 10 different species equalling 100 points or better :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman