Chittaway Point

Beach Fisho

Hi Raiders,

I'm heading up to Chittaway point (near gosford) on the weekend with my my mate and our partners. We'll be taking the boat up and am looking for a few spots to try out. Anyone fished there recently? :1fishing1:

Appreciate any info you might have.

Cheers, BJ

Tricky in the sense that is can be very shallow in parts around the mouth with many sand bars. There are lots of nav markers indicating the channel at the mouth so it should be fine but just keep an eye out.

Large parts of the system are nothing but flats and just covered by water making it appear more open than it really is. Seen a few boats stuck who have not taken notice of the channel markers.

The plus side is all these flats and channels hold fish and you should have a great time !

Here is a pic from Chitaway Point.

post-229-1143084741_thumb.jpg

Tricky in the sense that is can be very shallow in parts around the mouth with many sand bars. There are lots of nav markers indicating the channel at the mouth so it should be fine but just keep an eye out.

Large parts of the system are nothing but flats and just covered by water making it appear more open than it really is. Seen a few boats stuck who have not taken notice of the channel markers.

The plus side is all these flats and channels hold fish and you should have a great time !

Here is a pic from Chitaway Point.

post-229-1143084741_thumb.jpg

Cheers Grant. Appreciate your help. Can't wait to get up there and drift for a few flatties. I suppose there'll be a few flats with pink nippers (klickers). :thumbup:

My advise would be to head upstream a long way. fish the few pontoons on the way for a few bream. once it starts to narrow up on what looks like a bit of thick bushland you are in some good bassin country. there are also quite a few EP's to be had. A lot of flathead and good bream downstream. 3" eyeball tails and Gulp stick baits have been working well around this area

Mitch

P.S... If you want a bit of landbased fun on big Bass head down wyong RD, turn left after mingara club and your first right follow the creek right up. It is damn hard to get a cast through the shrub but well woth it

Good luck

• 7 years later...

My advise would be to head upstream a long way. fish the few pontoons on the way for a few bream. once it starts to narrow up on what looks like a bit of thick bushland you are in some good bassin country. there are also quite a few EP's to be had. A lot of flathead and good bream downstream. 3" eyeball tails and Gulp stick baits have been working well around this area

Mitch

P.S... If you want a bit of landbased fun on big Bass head down wyong RD, turn left after mingara club and your first right follow the creek right up. It is damn hard to get a cast through the shrub but well woth it

Good luck

i would like to hear more about this bass fishing spot . can you pm me please