Hawkesbury River 2.4.2006

abiasin

Hi all,

Went out last sunday to the hawesbury, at about 5am we were on the water and all we managed all day was an eel and one little herring.

It was weird, there were fish on the sounder but nuthing would take a bait, fresh or live. Soft plastics around the leases were no good, lures no good, drifting for flatties no good.

Im not a regular at the hawkesbury, are there any tips i should be looking out for when fishing these parts.

We went from Mooney Mooney to barenjoey head fishing all the spots from the wreck, juno point, railway bridge the leases......... in search for fish and came up dry.

If anyone can shed some tips on fishing this waterway i would love to know them.

Hi all,

Went out last sunday to the hawesbury, at about 5am we were on the water and all we managed all day was an eel and one little herring.

It was weird, there were fish on the sounder but nuthing would take a bait, fresh or live. Soft plastics around the leases were no good, lures no good, drifting for flatties no good.

Im not a regular at the hawkesbury, are there any tips i should be looking out for when fishing these parts.

We went from Mooney Mooney to barenjoey head fishing all the spots from the wreck, juno point, railway bridge the leases......... in search for fish and came up dry.

If anyone can shed some tips on fishing this waterway i would love to know them.

Mate to be honest with you i have attempted to fish the river as well without much success, after 20 or so trips i have only got a few jews. It seems that you need to know the right spots in the river to get good rewards.

Most of the regurlars in there like to keep there spots to themselves, (dont Blame Them).

All you can do is keep trying, or do what i done, go to the harbour, plenty of Jews, Kings and everything else you want.

Bad luck mate.

Col Buckley does a series of talks at Narrabeen bait and tackle - I went last May and enjoyed it very much. I didn't pay too much attention to the Hawkesbury (which he did talk about quite a bit) as I don't have a boat. Send him an email to find when he's running them again if you're intersted: cbuckley@fishnet.com.au

Cheers,

Neil