Two Blocks From Home

kbark

It took me a year to get down to the bottom of my street. I guessed there must be fish down there but never saw anyone fishing there. Decided to also try some sps for the first time here in Australia. Used them a lot in the US but never here at home. So I went a bought a pack of squidgies, walked down the end of the street one evening a couple of months ago. Flicked the little gary glitter out into the lake and wouldn't you know it...first cast...landed a 37cm flattie. Sold. This fish in the pick isn't that first one as you can see. It's about the 52cm mark. I've dropped a couple of really decent lizards since then and hope to post a pic of one as soon as I manage to pull her to the shore (and then release her of course). Nice to be able to walk a couple of minutes down the road and end up here...post-1521-1144813905_thumb.jpg

Ahhrrr, that's the stuff. Great to have a waterway close to home that you can pull a nice fish from. :thumbup:

I live 10 minutes from my local river - the Nepean and discovered Bass fishing this year. Fantastic stuff!!

Well done.

Cheers,

Guest johblow

Man, i am green with envy. Ill love to be able to take a stroll and throw a lure. What area do you like in? Is that Narra lakes?

Cheers,

Jon

Hiya Kbark; Narra is a great place to spend an hour or two; specially the back of the lake. Feels liek you are miles from anywhere!! Mate you should try for some of the lake's mega whiting on lures. There are 40cm plus specimens wafting around those flats up the back of the lake and right now ain;t a bad time to target them, they seem to get on the chew a bit before the water cools right down in the lake. Long two kilo flouro leaders, 1/16th jig heads (standup heads if you can find em) for long casts and two inch grubs in any of the amber/brown etc colours or the smaller Squidgy wrigglers in bloodworm have been successful. Nice flattie in your pic, too! Cheers Bombie

Hiya again Kbark; had trouble PMing you, but yup slow retrieve for the whiting, with lots of pauses on the bottom; they don't mind a bit of weight in the jighead (guess they are used to wrestling worms out of their holes). The Squidgy resin heads on the other hand are good for the bream over the shallow flats. Cheers Bombie