Good Friday (parramatta River)

caine

went down the river (land based) last night to try and catch that elusive Jew.

put the bait jig down to get some livies. The first cast produced an unsuitable but surprising 30cm tailor which was quickly returned to the water.

the next 2 hours were a little slow with 1 legal bream in the first hour followed by a legal flattie hooked on the bottom hook of the bait jig.

we then put 3 livies out between me and my brother in law. but the brother in law still focused on the bream fishing.

I got 2 hook ups on the livies and lost both fish. 5 livies came back with missing heads or tails.

then brother in law decides to join me in my jew fish quest.

We were joined by some older Middle Eastern men (who were friendly enough) but were catching AND KEEPING heaps of undersize tailor... :thumbdown:

but then one of the middle eastern guys 12 foot rods :tease: went crazy and a few minutes later he pulls up a 80cm flattie.

I strolled over to investigate and offer my services as a marine forensic investigator and offered to gut the fish so I can check out the contents of its stomach. Just when I get up to my elbows in flathead insides.....my brother in law yells out "get back here".

I run back to find my little abu bait caster going nuts ...my heart pumping as this has to be the elusive jew fish im after..... but a few minutes later I pull up another monster lizard this one pushing 90cm.... a PB for me

how weird 2 monster lizards just minutes apart and about 100m in the opposite direction.... :wacko:

now we get serious changing the trace every time we get a hit and keeping very fresh livies in the water. not 15 minutes later my brother in laws livey starts twitching we watch closely whispering "take it take it" and then he does and what a fight on 4kilo line.... left right left right, 3 lor 4 massive fast runs.

now im thinking this bastards got the jewfish im after... but to my surprise he pulls up a very very nice bream pushing 40cms

after that the tide was quickly leaving us and everything went quiet. Then another livey starts twitching but no hits, then I get impatient and reel him in, strangely he had a bit of weight behind him, more so then when I pulled him in last time. Then to my amusement , up comes a blue swimmer crab with my trace tightly strapped under his claws.

after that we called it a night. but best night iv had in a while.

Total take home catch

1 legal flat head

1 extremely legal flat head.

1 legal bream

1 very very legal bream

1 blue swimmer

still no jewfish but I went home happy, my brother in law has some pics of the flattie so I’ll post them later today.