Alex Julius

Guest johblow

Guest johblow

Man, Alex Julius is a legend. I was watching his show today on nine a bit after lunch (i think), and its great. Very little sales crapola and advertising junk, and heaps of great fishing!!! I love the way he doesnt piss fart around when he has fish on (like one Mr Hunt) and just gets on with it. I know he's been around for ages now, so im bloody glad to get into his 'work' better late than never. I just hope that the show today was not a one-off!!!

Hi JohBlow,

It is a great show to watch me friend but every show like this has the 'sponsorship crapola' that goes along with it and this show had it aswell. For example he had the Manager from Lowrance on his boat fishing with him and guess whos boat was fitted out with Lowrance - Mr Julius. They dedicated 2 mins to talking about Lowrance. Another one was Killalure. Everything was "look at the barra take that pink and gold Killalure Flatz Ratz. All had to do with product placement and mentioning of a product at any chance. You must of been blind to miss it pal or caught up too much in the fishing of those excellent barras they were getting stuck into.

With saying this, he does put on a good show and certainly different from the boring Rex Hunt programs. Totally agree with you there.

IFish is also good - they put on a good 30 min show.

Tight Lines.

Guest Big-Banana

Man I was sick of hearing the sponsers being mentioned time and time again. This bloke used to be much better then he is now. I wish Mal Florence was still around. Guy was an absolute legend...

Guest johblow

All had to do with product placement and mentioning of a product at any chance. You must of been blind to miss it pal or caught up too much in the fishing of those excellent barras they were getting stuck into.

A bit of both i think! Hahaha. I dont mind the passing comments so much - its the advertorial stuff i hate. I actually didnt mind that sounder segment too much. The thing i like about the guy is that he obviously doesnt care too much for the other stuff, and is into the fishing. Yep, without the dollar, there wouldnt be a show, so its a matter of how much of it gets on the box. That AFC stuff is obscene in the extreme...

I think i dig the Qld fishing more - everytime ive seen him hes been going for barra, or up in PNG somwehere... that may have something to do with it too.

Whatever... i could watch him all day compared to the other blokes.

Guest madsmc

Every fishing show has product placement, it's just the degree of plugging that differs between them. Most fishing videos I've seen are the same, aside from the really old school stuff.

I don't really have a problem with it, unless they try to do it in a really sneaky way. Without the support of sponsors most of the shows and videos just wouldn't be produced, simple as that.

Rexy was OK in his day, but I have to agree that IFISH is a top show. The Alex Julius shows are good as well. I never tire of watching quality fishing from NT. :thumbup:

Shane

:1fishing1: