Landbased Fishing Ettiquette

Little_Flatty

Thought that seeing as there was a boating ettiqutte post I thought I should start one up for landbased fishing as well. From my days as a bait fisho battling with the masses there were a lot of things that irked me about the way my fello fishos conducted themselves and I'm sure there was lots of things that I did that unknowingly irked them as well.

With the kingy action that Davy seems to report about from Clifton Gardens lately I'm sure we have seen some tempers fray in spots like that! What's the best way to conduct ourselves to ensure everyone has a good time?

So...any bites?

Mike

Thought that seeing as there was a boating ettiqutte post I thought I should start one up for landbased fishing as well. From my days as a bait fisho battling with the masses there were a lot of things that irked me about the way my fello fishos conducted themselves and I'm sure there was lots of things that I did that unknowingly irked them as well.

With the kingy action that Davy seems to report about from Clifton Gardens lately I'm sure we have seen some tempers fray in spots like that! What's the best way to conduct ourselves to ensure everyone has a good time?

So...any bites?

Mike

What I've observed of landbased fishos at The Entrance when the whiting are "on" is quite amazing. In some spots, people are standing literally shoulder to shoulder, with tangles becoming inevitable. Generally, I think a bit of the good, old R-E-S-P-E-C-T is all that's required. Just treat others the way you'd want to in that situation. DO NOT move into someone's spot after they land a fish. Don't deliberately cast over or very close to them. Don't get in their way when fighting or landing a fish, offer assistance if it's huge.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Yes lol Cliffie gets extremely packed, especially when we chose to go on a public holiday. :05:

Any spot at the end of the wharf is fine anywyas, the action is always nearby. Last time there were massive kings and trevors smashing the yakkas on the surface just in front of the baths! :1yikes: it was such a great sight for a fisho to see that close.

landbased ettiquette? at places like clifton, when someone is on to a decent fish, please reel in your lines! noone wants to get tangled with someone elses line while they have a good fish on!

Cheers

Davy

landbased ettiquette? at places like clifton, when someone is on to a decent fish, please reel in your lines! noone wants to get tangled with someone elses line while they have a good fish on!

Cheers

Davy

The problem with clifton is people (generally speaking) will tend to cast at/ towards where you caught the fish (as i found out today :thumbdown: )

Another thing i would say is also respecting others space, if theres a whole wharf and your the only one on it and someone comes and fishes right next to you it does get annoying!