Clarence River Gorge

Jethro

I was watching the Wild River Bass DVD on the weekend for the 1st time and it was awesome...... One of the best fishing DVD’s I have seen... Needless to say it got the old casting arm twitching and plenty of talk of a canoe trip away.

We have talked about doing the Clarence River Gorge a few times and this DVD was all the motivation we needed. So we have decided we are going to do the trip towards the end of this year or early next year... depending on the best time of year to go.

I have fished the Clarence up as far as Copmanhurst but anything beyond that is a mystery to us... At this stage we are in research mode and I am after any information on the Gorge trip. Where to put in, how long is the trip, best time of year, what can we expect in the way of rapids... etc

Surely there are a few people here that have done the trip before.... (Kingpin??)

Any information would be appreciated.... PM me if you dont want it made public.

Thanks in advance :1prop:

Thanks Charlie - I have had a look at Wave Hill.. it might be a good starting point..

Kingpin- No firm dates at this stage... We were thinking around November but it depends when teh best fishing would be.... Any help you can offer would be appreciated..

After talking with a few people I think we will give the Gorge propper a miss...... it sounds like it's pretty tough going with rapids and a couple of good waterfalls to keep you on your toes..

So we are looking at starting from a property at the base of the Gorge Web SITE HERE and fishing down to Copmanhurst... SO any info on this stretch of river would be appreciated.

G'day Jethro. If you are looking at camping and wish to fish some deep long pools then dont dismiss the further up sections of the Clarance and Mann rivers. If you want any info then send me a pm.

Ps, I like the Bass pic under the Wyong Bridge, fish that river many a time when I lived at good old Watanobbie :1fishing1:

Edited by whykickacatalong

Thanks mate.... I might just take you up on that..

I have ordered the maps and they should be here later this week..... then we can decide on which stretch we are going to fish..

The fish under Wyong bridge was my first EP.... Have done a fair bit of bass fishing on the river but usually above the weir