Success Of Sorts.

Since the trout season finished down here I've been having a shocker. Having to travel at least 80km round trips sucks when I can trout fish in season within 10min of home. Since I haven't had the time for a propper trip to the east or south coasts I've just been going as close to home as I can and have had little success, just small salmon and wrasse. This morning I headed up to the Tamar mouth hoping for a pre-work salmon sesh. No salmon but on my second cast my little spoon was inhaled and I scored a new PB wrasse of 45.5cm which put a hell of a bend in my little trout rod and tested the drag on my new 1000 ultegra at last. Great fun.

cheers

Col.

post-1831-1149422076_thumb.jpg

well done! :thumbup: mind if i ask what rod u're using? looks cool. do u happen to have a pic of the spoon? i've been contemplating to try little light jigging off the rocks sometime, and wrasse do fight good!

The rod is a 4'9" diawa heartland "trout" (HL T492ULFS) rated for 1-6lb line and up to 1/16-1/4oz weights. The spoon I was using was a wondercast tango like these, they are nominally 7g though in reality more like 6g. These are great little spinning/jigging lures for a wide range of species but the 3 inch gulp grub in pumpkinseed on a 1/16 or 1/8oz jig head is the best wrasse lure I've found.

Cheers

col.

Edited by wrasseman

The rod is a 4'9" diawa heartland "trout" (HL T492ULFS) rated for 1-6lb line and up to 1/16-1/4oz weights. The spoon I was using was a wondercast tango like these, they are nominally 7g though in reality more like 6g. These are great little spinning/jigging lures for a wide range of species but the 3 inch gulp grub in pumpkinseed on a 1/16 or 1/8oz jig head is the best wrasse lure I've found.

Cheers

col.

Thanks wrasseman!!! :biggrin2: