Lake Lyell?

domza

Hi, im just wondering if anyone has been to Lake Lyell recently?

Im planning to camp there the whole weekend :frozen: (should get me used to the hairtail night the following week, although i somehow think it will be ALOT colder in the blue mountains :1prop: )

I would like to know about ramp conditions, and water levels. I plan on ringing the kiosk caretaker later in the week, but also would like some personal opinions..

I have heard that the green algea still covers alot of the lake, do you think this would effect how the trout bite?

Thanks

Hi guys

From what i have read sometimes during and directly after an algal bloom the oxygen holding content of the water is greater than when no algae is present, i believe it has something to do with the algae dying and floating to the surface where sulight and air start to break down the algae resulting in higher oxygen levels being available to the fish thus increasing there activity levels and metabolisms. Lake Lyell generally fishes very well at this time of year anyway so dont let the algae deter you from fishing there~ :1fishing1: cheers troutboy

thanks guys, I rang the caretaker and he tells me the main ramp is closed! still able to launch boats from the old road that leads into the water.

he also tells me the lake will be closed to boating in 2-3 weeks if no more rain comes in due to low water levels!

very sad news

thanks guys, I rang the caretaker and he tells me the main ramp is closed! still able to launch boats from the old road that leads into the water.

he also tells me the lake will be closed to boating in 2-3 weeks if no more rain comes in due to low water levels!

very sad news

this is sad! i live only a hour away and had planed to go also lol donnie

very sad news

Blessing in disguise I reckon.

Takes a bit of pressure off a popular fishing hole.