Marine Park Quote

Guest madsmc

Guest madsmc

G'day Raiders, just thought I'd share an interesting quote from a local fishing report that I received today. The author of the quote is Pete Sanderson, who is a well known tackle store proprietor, and has been very active in protesting the marine park issue.

NSW Liberal leader Peter Debnam and Opposition primary industries spokesman Duncan Gay met with us this week over the marine parks issues. They have guaranteed that if they gain office on March 24 they will change the current boundaries if required by public consensus; review the Marine Parks Act and involve proper community consultation; engage in real scientific studies to assess areas for conservation and halt the marine park creation process.

Still early days yet, and I'm sure we all know what pollies are like at keeping promises, but this certainly looks like a step in the right direction, and is definately better than the situation we find ourselves in with Labour at present.

If the Liberals are fair dinkum with this, then they will get my vote.

Shane

:1fishing1:

G'day Raiders, just thought I'd share an interesting quote from a local fishing report that I received today. The author of the quote is Pete Sanderson, who is a well known tackle store proprietor, and has been very active in protesting the marine park issue.

Still early days yet, and I'm sure we all know what pollies are like at keeping promises, but this certainly looks like a step in the right direction, and is definately better than the situation we find ourselves in with Labour at present.

If the Liberals are fair dinkum with this, then they will get my vote.

Shane

Maddie ,

It will never happen mate , trust me , It never has !.

But I`m going to Vote for the Libs because of the Parks , which will be there forever .

Even when the Dole Ques begin to swell to alarming poportions , nothing will change mate , because it`s the libs that pay the dole not the state.

A talking head speaking for some ecnomic body , the name of which I did not quite hear , estimates the fallout from this debacle could be as much as 1.5 billion dollars to the NSW economy .

Scary when you think of all those buisnesses on the margin now , facing a possible 1% Interest Rate Increase in the next 12 months .

Mick

Guest madsmc

Well, the Liberal leader at least had the courtesy to show up and hear the $%^&* message, which is far more than I can say for Iemma.

Shane

Edited by madsmc

Sound like weasel words to me. I wouldn't trust the Libs to deliver my pizza, let alone a promise.

Thing is Mondo at least they are claiming to review the situation. I listened to Debnam speak a while back on the issue and although in true poli form would not commit to totally opposing marine parks he did state the implementation process is unjust and would be stopped until further notice.

It would be unrealistic to expect any political party to totally oppose it but they are not far from that.

I will still vote for them because at the very least they are offering an opposing view of the current practice, whether they will follow through remains to be seen.

One things for sure voting Labour will undoubtably bring on the parks. Its the lesser of two evils perhaps.