Lake Lyell

twoducks

Hi all, fished lake lyell for a number of years, but havent been up for the last two anyone know how its fishing, or if theres any water at all..lol PB Brown went 2.5 kilo on powerbait rainbow colour ( damm let my secret out!) but have seen bigger caught there. will post the pic when i work out this B...dy scanner

Cheers twoducks

Hi all, fished lake lyell for a number of years, but havent been up for the last two anyone know how its fishing, or if theres any water at all..lol PB Brown went 2.5 kilo on powerbait rainbow colour ( damm let my secret out!) but have seen bigger caught there. will post the pic when i work out this B...dy scanner

Cheers twoducks

Hi Twoducks I fished Lyell last weekend for a couple of hours for nil result. I fished the farmers creek arm or should i say where farmers creek used to be!The water is at the lowest levels i have seen in ten years, farmers creek is totally dried up, the water is very murky.The fish should be up in this area spawning now but after throwing several different tassie devils around for no fish I am going to give the lake a wide berth until we get some decent water in there. :1fishing1: cheers troutboy

Hi Twoducks I fished Lyell last weekend for a couple of hours for nil result. I fished the farmers creek arm or should i say where farmers creek used to be!The water is at the lowest levels i have seen in ten years, farmers creek is totally dried up, the water is very murky.The fish should be up in this area spawning now but after throwing several different tassie devils around for no fish I am going to give the lake a wide berth until we get some decent water in there. :1fishing1: cheers troutboy

has boating been banned?

Guest hottuna

has boating been banned?

Yes i heard its been closed since thur or friday the 3/4th aug , to all watercraft

dan

Lyell has been shut down to all power driven boating since the 31st July.

Only paddle power is allowed.

Camping is restricted to the main camping area and all the gates at other entrances are locked.

I spoke to them again today to find out if I can take my canoe and tinnie on the lake and just use the electric motors to get around on but they said no can do, only can do if I paddle and no engine on the boat. :05:

If I take my motor (combustion) off the rear of my tinnie and paddle with oars, no problem. :1prop:

Edited by Hooky.

Lyell has been shut down to all power driven boating since the 31st July.

Only paddle power is allowed.

Camping is restricted to the main camping area and all the gates at other entrances are locked.

I spoke to them again today to find out if I can take my canoe and tinnie on the lake and just use the electric motors to get around on but they said no can do, only can do if I paddle and no engine on the boat. :05:

If I take my motor (combustion) off the rear of my tinnie and paddle with oars, no problem. :1prop:

Do you know if boating will be open again for the october long weekend? or does it just depend on the rain?