Whiting Bait?

baited

Guest BBM Rick

could catch a bloody big whiting on this worm :1prop::074::074::074:

I like the bait you used to catch that worm, I would have thought you would take it out of the bag first though....

I like the bait you used to catch that worm, I would have thought you would take it out of the bag first though....

:Funny-Post::074: Yeah - interesting "stink bag" - I think you read the instructions wrong - old fish fermented hops.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

that stink bag would attract a few other species aswell i reckon :1prop: my mate wrapped it around me before i had time to open the longy . lucky though, those centralcoast worms are known for being quite fond of beer. :beersmile::beersmile:

could catch a bloody big whiting on this worm :1prop::074::074::074:

This pic made me think of an old story I once read about snakes & bait. :1prop:

Pete.

Carpet Snake Lure

Barry Bailey

I was bass fishing with my old dad in New South Wales, Australia in the early 50/s. The fish were bighting their heads off, and soon we had run out of the worm bait we were using.

Dad decided to look for more, and in his search came across an old carpet snake with a frog in its mouth. He thought - well this is a good bait for bass, but how do I get it from the snakes mouth. Ah he thought perhaps a drop of the old rum from the flask that I have in my pocket.

He grabbed the harmless snake, gave it a little swig and the snake spat the frog out. He then went back to the favorite spot,and cast the frog out, awaiting for a big one, when suddenly he felt a tap on his left shoulder.

Yes, folks here was the snake with another frog in its mouth. Strange but true.