Advice Haines Hunter 445f

Napierdoc

Hi

Very new to the fishing scene having recently moved to Capricorn Coast Qld.

Have the option to purchse a HH 445F c/console with 90 YAmaha/200hrs. VHF, GPS , sounder l/r tank.

Questions:

As a novice, will this boat work as my first boat for fishing creeks as well as around Keppel islands

What should I be looking for?

What price - asking 9K

ANY advice most appreciated

It seems expensive for the age, but you have to bear in mind that the 445f is a pretty rare boat nowdays and in big demand so good examples get snapped up very quickly. They are one of if not THE best small sportfishing boats around. It would fly with a 90hp!

It seems expensive for the age, but you have to bear in mind that the 445f is a pretty rare boat nowdays and in big demand so good examples get snapped up very quickly. They are one of if not THE best small sportfishing boats around. It would fly with a 90hp!

I sold my 445F with a 60hp Mercury over three years ago for $10,000 and it was over 20 years old then.

The price does not seem too bad to me based on my experience. They have attained cult status these days and a very similar boat is being sold new for over $25,000, using the old moulds.

I would have thought 90hp would be overpowering it; 70hp to me is about all it needs, although it does have a deep V which needs power to get out the hole. Mine was a great little boat, but advancing age on my part saw me looking for a little more comfort!

cameron, my point was they are an expensive boat for their age when compared with others.

Bashir,

I can only agree. They are expensive for their age, which reflects their good qualities. There are times when I wish I still had mine, particularly when a school of surface fish erupts near me. They are a great platform from which to throw lures and very seaworthy for their size.