Fibreglassing

Outnumbered

i'm helping my neighbour with his project boat and we are now at the stage where we are making an engine box (cover) for his shaft drive.

it looks like we will be making it out of ply but in the search for weight minimization he would prefere a fibreglass one. only problem is we dont know how to do it and to have one made has been quoted at between $700 and $1000

if there is anyone who is experienced in glass work that would like to earn a few $$$ have a few :beersmile::beersmile: and get invited out on trips on the completed boat for a lot of :1fishing1:

your help would be greatly appreciated.

i'm helping my neighbour with his project boat and we are now at the stage where we are making an engine box (cover) for his shaft drive.

it looks like we will be making it out of ply but in the search for weight minimization he would prefere a fibreglass one. only problem is we dont know how to do it and to have one made has been quoted at between $700 and $1000

if there is anyone who is experienced in glass work that would like to earn a few $$$ have a few :beersmile::beersmile: and get invited out on trips on the completed boat for a lot of :1fishing1:

your help would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot help you with the fibreglassing myself, but what I do have is a series of articles from F & B (Fisherman & Boating) magazine published several years ago, that shows you how to do it. If that is any help I can photocopy the articles and put them in the mail to you