Looking At Open Aluminium Boats.....

abitfishy

Hey guys,

Still in the initial thought process of upgrading to something bigger and thinking of getting an open aluminium boat in the size about 4.8 - 5.2 and using that as a base and customising it.

Wondering if any of you guys know of any manufacturers of reasonably priced basic tinnies (not the custom builders - too expensive) of that size that have side decks on their tinnies - most of the basic open boats don't. So far I've only found the Allycraft 450 TANK (which I think is a bit small for what I want)

Thanks

abitfishy

Edited by abitfishy

Hey mate,

Dont know if you have seen these but they are a pretty tough looking boat. I checked one out last year and they seem to be a no nonsense tinnie, could be just what your after.

They are called a Max Truck by Mako Craft which is actually a Stessl. They come in the size your after.

cheers :thumbup:

Max Truck

Hey guys,

Still in the initial thought process of upgrading to something bigger and thinking of getting an open aluminium boat in the size about 4.8 - 5.2 and using that as a base and customising it.

Wondering if any of you guys know of any manufacturers of reasonably priced basic tinnies (not the custom builders - too expensive) of that size that have side decks on their tinnies - most of the basic open boats don't. So far I've only found the Allycraft 450 TANK (which I think is a bit small for what I want)

Thanks

abitfishy

I think most of the tinny manufacturers (quintrex/stacer, brooker, allycraft etc) will all so the extended side decks on their basic open tinnies as an option.

Hey guys,

Thanks

abitfishy

Hi

in regards to open boats, i had a very large stessl, i found it to be exceptional in every situation.

they definitely make an open 6.4m boat, if you ask for it to be as basic as possible, the price

will be absolutely affordable, I guarantee you.

that boat went brilliantly with a 75ph. if you need more info on it. do reply. i believe that i have

a lot of knowledge on them.

regards