Kokoda Livewire Braid

MrGenius

Has anyone used the Kokoda Braided LiveWire ?

I have just got a spool of it in 6lb smoke colour which is 120m, have been given a money back guarantee from my local fishing shop if i dont like it or it doesnt perform as it should.

What do you fellas think?

I have been using it for a while on one of my bream outfits.

I have found that it can be a little fussy about knots and cutting through leaders as it is so fine.

It also is prone to wrapping runners on the cast particularly if you are using long leaders and/or your stripper is a little small.

Overall though, once you get used to the stuff it is a nice line to use and doesnt seem to fluff up like fireline.

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Jewel

I have been using it for a while on one of my bream outfits.

I have found that it can be a little fussy about knots and cutting through leaders as it is so fine.

It also is prone to wrapping runners on the cast particularly if you are using long leaders and/or your stripper is a little small.

Overall though, once you get used to the stuff it is a nice line to use and doesnt seem to fluff up like fireline.

Cheers

Mick

Have to agree with you there mate,

Spooled up my Flattie outfit with 10lb. Do prefer it too Fireline, no doubt about it

Steve

• 3 months later...

Well i've been using this stuff since the post at the top and i am very impressed, have not had one single line tangle, no birds nests and ill certainly continue to use it.

It took a while to figure out which knot to use for best strength connecting it to my leader and the 5 turn surgeons has come out on top.