Issue With My New Rod (im8 Graphite)

Guest Mr Pro Angler

Guest Mr Pro Angler

Hi Raiders,

I just bought a new rod (can't remember the name of it), however, all of my reels will not fit into it as the reel connection (not sure what that part of the reel is called), are too big.

Is it possible to cut/reshape the reel connection into size and not ruin my reels (cheapo 3000 series - bream type reels)?

Rod is 7ft, cork handles, similar to the rod/reel holder/connecter to the below:

http://www.rapala.com/products/rodsdetail....`s%20Series

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Donny

If the reel doesn't fit into the reet seat, then I'm not sure there is anything you can do to it to make it fit. If it is a bream rod, then I imagine the reel seat is fairly small, as they are usually a match to a 1500-2000 size reel, 2500 max. 3000 seems a little large and would not balance well on a rod that class.

Thanks guys!!

Before I purchased the rod, I tested it with a few reels from a 3000 to 5000 series and they all fit (shimano, daiwa and penn brands).

I think it's due to a cheaper (no name) brand I have (although cheap, they work really well & smooth with 10+ bearings). It is a 3000 series and only a little bigger than a 2000 series (spool wise), it's just the reel connection of these cheaper reels that are somewhat extra large.

The reel holder is just a little small, I will try and file down the edge of the bottom end to have it fit. The top end fits fine.

Thanks for the feedback once again!!

Regards,

Donny