Shimano Tss4 And Baitrunners Winding On Unevenly.

Guest danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

Does anyone else have this problem particularly noticable with braid... where the top of the spool ends up taking more line than the bottom and bells out.... i have it with a tss 4 which is old after a year i my abuse always was like that and my flatmate noticed it with his new baitrunner 6500,.,.. is this common or are we missing something ... i even tried throwing anothert washer in to raise the spool... no room..

his reel was spankers mine was almost spankers when bought.. and otherwise seem to be great..

I recently spooled my brand new baitrunner 4500 with 30lb braid. and when spooling it, i noticed it the line layout is uneven :( more line goes to the edges and the middle is 3-4mm lower then the top and bottem.

its brand new and has never been used, and i also thought after abit of fishing it would even-out

Guest danielinbyron

yeah mine seems to even out which is in itself strange... my mates is perfect... the diference is i can't get three hundred yards of 50lb braid on mine he gets nearly twice as much....

You need to add another washer under the spool. I wouldn't be fishing braid on a TSS4 they weren't designed with a proper line laying system, which is needed for braid. Not sure about the newer B series baitrunners, but I wouldn't run braid on the old A series.

Guest danielinbyron

You need to add another washer under the spool. I wouldn't be fishing braid on a TSS4 they weren't designed with a proper line laying system, which is needed for braid. Not sure about the newer B series baitrunners, but I wouldn't run braid on the old A series.

is there a difference other than the roller on the bail arm...

to over come this and pick up distance in casting you should have look at the way the line lays when the spool is full, have think about what needs to be done ,is it to much line at the top or bottom or a high or low in the middle ? if you were now to take the line back off and instead of winding the line on how you normally do try packing the spool by hand to over come this ,if you have a low in the middle when it was full wind a high in the middle to start by hand about 40 mts ,now put the spool back on and wind the line on as normally ,it might take one or two attempts to get it right ,it will work and give you a better line lay for braid as well as mono ,

Leigh

Guest danielinbyron

to over come this and pick up distance in casting you should have look at the way the line lays when the spool is full, have think about what needs to be done ,is it to much line at the top or bottom or a high or low in the middle ? if you were now to take the line back off and instead of winding the line on how you normally do try packing the spool by hand to over come this ,if you have a low in the middle when it was full wind a high in the middle to start by hand about 40 mts ,now put the spool back on and wind the line on as normally ,it might take one or two attempts to get it right ,it will work and give you a better line lay for braid as well as mono ,

Leigh

right nice one ...i always leave some mono on the spool for packing so if i pack it in the opposite direction it should just correct itself to a flat pack... i tried the ad another washer thing it didn't work... theres not enough room to get a difference in hight ... tah.