Any Suggestion For 12ft Rod? ^^

matt1119

Hi guyz, I am new here.

Can you guyz recommand a good 12 ft surf rod? i perfer a strong rod with light weight if its possbile...HAHA!!!

becoz i got a synder glas and i found that its kind of heavy...but thts a very strong rod indeed!!!

targeted species would be kingfish, jewfish and groper !!!

my budget is up to $250. i could spend a little more if.... ANy ideas guyz?

Thz

Hi guyz, I am new here.

Can you guyz recommand a good 12 ft surf rod? i perfer a strong rod with light weight if its possbile...HAHA!!!

becoz i got a synder glas and i found that its kind of heavy...but thts a very strong rod indeed!!!

targeted species would be kingfish, jewfish and groper !!!

my budget is up to $250. i could spend a little more if.... ANy ideas guyz?

Thz

I have a very nice and powerfull 11' graphite blank. Its rated at 15kg sweet spot and range rating of 20-40lb and hardly weighs a thing. Fully built up I do this for $250-$320 depending on the level of componentry. I can arrange a test casting session if you are willing to consider a slightly shorter rod. I have the lighter version of this blank as well.

I call them the longtail series and there are a few happy owners amongst the fishraiders.

G`day Fellas ,

I use a 12ft Medium Wilson , $130.oo I think I paid for it , and nothing has beaten it yet.

Ugly sticks , loomis , you can spend a fortune on gear for Beachfishing , but I still shudder when I recall , as a " New arrival " the afternoon I rocked up to the Local Beach and rigged up with my brand new outfit , and squeezed in betweeen some of the locals.

Wilson 12 ft Rod $130.00 , Daiwa Jupiter 6000 Egg beater $150.00 , Snowbee waders $110.00 , plus another $150 odd dollars on Hooks , sinkers , line and Knives.

JEEZUZ , I SURE DID LOOK PRETTY .

Anyway , Less than an hour Later , two locals had reasonable schoolies flapping on the beach and then left , whilst and Old fella almost 70 years old , was hooked up to a really good fish .

I gaffed a 60 pounder for him , dragged it up to his gear back up the beach , and after dehooking the fish , slipping it into a wet sugar bag , he rolled a smoke and sat down on his Bucket for a chat , where we discussed as fisho`s do , " Our Gear ".

His Gear !, ROD "10.6 " no name bruiser , purchased from the warehouse at Taree $19.00 , Reel $8.50 , which was perfectly matched to a divine looking round plastic hooks & sinkers box combo for the staggering price of 2.99 .

Bait , was a packet of pillies , which were set on a set of ganged 6/o`s given to him by another fisherman who felt sorry for him.

Moral of this story , It aint the size of the dog in the fight ........

But Having said that , Saga`s offer is a steal mate.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Guest danielinbyron

12 foots,I have a few of them 1 and two piece . Some custom made .. I can't really use a live fibre or graphite rod for most of that type of fishing because i climb with them and they get bashed too much...

My all time favorite rod is a schneider glass mt7144.. they're opaque ornge brown in color.. after all the money i spent on rods i found two of these in a garage sale and i love them. They're light and strong with just the right amount of whip toss , weight up to 50grams . They have sensativity and load up like a beast posessed when asked to... Who ever has used one of my schneiders has eventually bought one..

I use a low mount for both my alvey and spinning reel and have had a raised first guide put in and live the dream.