Knife Jigs

Big Bob

All,

I bought some knife jigs and was wondering how to rig them.

They are a Pilchard pattern seen on Ebay made in Japan and have a fish eye on the smaller end.

The smaller end looks like the line connection however the bottom has a larger eye.

This puts the heavier end of the jig towards the bottom of the rig.

I was going to put some 60Lb trace to a single hook and bait it with squid for Kingys.

I dont want to upset the action of the jig and was wondering if this was how it was done.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

:1fishing1:

Guest fishrunner

here this should solve your problems.

http://www.anglerscenter.com/lures_knife-jigs.htm

Usual set-up is one hook on loop of dacron of owner solid ring,- which is attached via a owner split ring to a high rated swivel to your leader(swivel,split ring and solid loop with dacron loop to hook stay's on rod ) Then all you do is change jigs to suit depth/current via split ring,- everything else is already on the leader. You can get these split rings and solid rings with high ratings,- split rings 80kg, solid loops to 450lb and crane swivels to 150kg should do it.- you don't wanna loose any fish to terminal failure

cheers

Edited by fishrunner

here this should solve your problems.

http://www.anglerscenter.com/lures_knife-jigs.htm

Usual set-up is one hook on loop of dacron of owner solid ring,- which is attached via a owner split ring to a high rated swivel to your leader(swivel,split ring and solid loop with dacron loop to hook stay's on rod ) Then all you do is change jigs to suit depth/current via split ring,- everything else is already on the leader. You can get these split rings and solid rings with high ratings,- split rings 80kg, solid loops to 450lb and crane swivels to 150kg should do it.- you don't wanna loose any fish to terminal failure

cheers

Thanks for the info I knew trhat someone would know on this site.

Have you used these jigs and how did u go

Guest fishrunner

Got a couple of smaller ones, Still locating reliable hangouts at the moment of the larger fish. :fish_h4h:

Need good weather to get out in my boat :(

Good luck, cheers