Info On 7ft Sic Stick

new2fish

:huh: just wanting to find out your thoughts on strudwick sic stick 7ft 2-4kg rod / and a shakespeare catera fd 6635 reel to put on it for bream and flatties /would this be a good setup got priced about $160.00

what would you pay or any better suggestions thanks new2fish :thumbup:

G'day,

I've got a 7ft sic stic in the 1 - 3kg range and find it a great rod. Have caught trevs, bream and flatties so it hasn't been given a tough workout, but it has handled all fish to date well and is comfortable to use.

I got mine for $100 so you sound like you've scored a good deal. Are you sure you don't want to splurge on a schmick reel? Go on, you know you want to...Daiwa caldia kix, capricorn are nice reels around $200- 250. :1prop:

G'day,

I've got a 7ft sic stic in the 1 - 3kg range and find it a great rod. Have caught trevs, bream and flatties so it hasn't been given a tough workout, but it has handled all fish to date well and is comfortable to use.

I got mine for $100 so you sound like you've scored a good deal. Are you sure you don't want to splurge on a schmick reel? Go on, you know you want to...Daiwa caldia kix, capricorn are nice reels around $200- 250. :1prop:

thanks 4 your reply as you see i am new 2 this fishing so i am keen to take any advice so i will do some homework on that reel thanks new2fish :thumbup:

Brought a 6'6" 2-4 rod one last week paid just on $100 for the rod - put a shimano sedona 1500 fb on that i had lying around.

Feels balanced - havent had a chance to use it yet :1badmood: apart from practice casting.

Guest fishrunner

G'day,

IMO if you are going to look at the above reels , have a look at the tierra priced at round 200 aus is very good value with digigear and supercedes the above reels... here's a review if interested :biggrin2:

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdaiwatierra.html

cheers

Edited by fishrunner

While everyone is comparing their sic sticks (could say something else there but won't) I also got one recently off user monk here on the forums, a 7ft 2-4 sic stick pro for $85 (looks brand new) and love it! Bloody bargain I reckon. Adding a Plfueger Criterion reel off 'another' forum for $50 and it makes a nice cheap half decent combo.

While everyone is comparing their sic sticks (could say something else there but won't) I also got one recently off user monk here on the forums, a 7ft 2-4 sic stick pro for $85 (looks brand new) and love it! Bloody bargain I reckon. Adding a Plfueger Criterion reel off 'another' forum for $50 and it makes a nice cheap half decent combo.

I have seen you on that other forum showing off your yak :074:

I have seen you on that other forum showing off your yak :074:

SHHH....actually I haven't shown my yak on that forum, theres a 3rd I visit that I got the Pflueger....but Fishraider is the best of course. :)

Theres a pic here on the Members Boats post under boating too.....

Edited by abitfishy