Heavier Tackle Options?

ETTY

Hey Raiders,

Sorry for probably a very dumb question but I have always fished lighter gear and was interested in the heavier stuff for targetting jewies, kingfish, tuna's etc.

I was wondering what sort of lines, rods and overhead reels you would use to target the 10 - 25 kg range. (Brands and Models please!!!)

And how would you fish them - trolling, just casting or downriggers or any other technique.

What sort of price would you get for a quality and decent combo but not to xxxy (i.e. <$350).

Again sorry for the ignorance!!!!

Thanks members for providing such valuable info in all aspects of the site.

Cheers ETTY

Guest danielinbyron

Yeah spot on Red , I think they are amazing bang for buck, and the best place to start , you should be able to get a tld25 spooled with quality 15kg mono and a backbone 15-24kg for around that budget etty..I bought wilson live fibres and wish now that i'd gone the back bone..or for v little more had saqa make me a rod up with quality components..

We{DAZ EWAN ME} have about 6 of these outfits between us and they have served us really well.

PARTICULARLY for the troll.Or for live baiting , however as far as versatility goes they don't cast well..

Daz has been really impressed with his baitrunner for other applications such as livebaiting when stationary with its ability to cast..

I think that you have to bight the bullet and get an overhead lever drag but and accept its limitations, and bang for buck you won't be dissapointed with tld set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah spot on Red , I think they are amazing bang for buck, and the best place to start , you should be able to get a tld25 spooled with quality 15kg mono and a backbone 15-24kg for around that budget etty..I bought wilson live fibres and wish now that i'd gone the back bone..or for v little more had saqa make me a rod up with quality components..

We{DAZ EWAN ME} have about 6 of these outfits between us and they have served us really well.

PARTICULARLY for the troll.Or for live baiting , however as far as versatility goes they don't cast well..

Daz has been really impressed with his baitrunner for other applications such as livebaiting when stationary with its ability to cast..

I think that you have to bight the bullet and get an overhead lever drag but and accept its limitations, and bang for buck you won't be dissapointed with tld set up.

Hi.

You want to swap those Live Fibres..

I have a 10/15 Backbone. and a 15/24 Backbone. One roller tip. Never used them......

I'll swap you for Livies, any day of week. If they in good nick....

Regards

Macka