Botany Bay 27/12/2006

Lasty

We had a late start at 7.00am due to a bit of a barbeque the night and as I was approaching the pontoon to pick up my Dad some hero who doesn't know what a no wash zone is zoomed past and his wave slammed the boat into the pontoon and now my boat has its first dent. Not a good start. :05:

We started drifting off Brighton where I picked up a 49cm flattie and my Dad dropped a bigger specimen on his handline as the line broke as he was trying to drag it round from the back of the boat. The number of rods and reels I have given him over the years and he still defaults to his hand lines. We also picked up a number of small whiting and tailer.

We then went to the third runway where amoungst hundreds of small bream I picked up a shovelnose which might have gone close to the record but I didn't measure it (the red esky in the picture is 30cm long). We will never know. Due to a few motor problems and the wind picking up we moved back to Brighton and I jagged the 56cm flattie and then we all got heaps of small bream so we called it a day at 11.30am.

All in all a lot of fish caught with a couple of solid flatties for the barbeque.

post-2492-1167427341_thumb.jpg

post-2492-1167427370_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lasty