Narrabeen Lakes

tricks

g'day guys

went down to narrabeen lake this morning. got there before the sun came up and things were looking good started to berley up and first cast bang a nice flathead (my dinner tonight) second cast a nice little bream which went back in, then the ducks came along and there went my berley :05: anyhow i caught a huge stingray which i broke off when it came close so becareful if your walking in the lake. after an hour or so the crowds started to show up and its like the fish backed off too. went up a little further up towards the caravan park to chase some whiting but with no luck. only one fish for dinner but thats all i need, was great fun to fish the lake again.

cheers patrick

Good on you Patrick, nice flattie. Yes, those whiting just didn't want to play today but must have seen thousands of them in the shallows.

Funny how they can be on the chew one day and not the next.

I will try them again early next week as I suspect this weekend will be like Pitt Street down there with fishos.

Cheers,

Pete.

Try the drop offs near the Caravan park on an incoming tide. Thats when the whiting bite in the lake.

Davo

i'l give it a go next time i go there, might head up sunday arvo. hopefully the crowds might have died down a little and mr flattie tasted great wouldnt mind another. how are luderick in the taste department might chase them on sunday

i'l give it a go next time i go there, might head up sunday arvo. hopefully the crowds might have died down a little and mr flattie tasted great wouldnt mind another. how are luderick in the taste department might chase them on sunday

Luderic are great in the taste department. I fish for them on the same drop offs i am talking about out the front of the caravan park on the incoming tide. usually though they are only there in winter, though when I was a kid it was shoulder to shoulder blackfisherman in jan/ feb. Haven't seen it like that for years though.

You may be hard pressed to get a quiet fish in until all those holiday makers GO HOME. Us locals hated them!!

davo

Luderic are great in the taste department. I fish for them on the same drop offs i am talking about out the front of the caravan park on the incoming tide. usually though they are only there in winter, though when I was a kid it was shoulder to shoulder blackfisherman in jan/ feb. Haven't seen it like that for years though.

You may be hard pressed to get a quiet fish in until all those holiday makers GO HOME. Us locals hated them!!

davo

yeah i heard they where a winter type fish but i seen two blokes fishing for them yesturday and they did very well got me excited. me thinks im going to be weed gathering soon