Botany 10.1.2007 (pics Added)

domza

Got a call from my mate james (james1990) yesterday asking if I wanted to head out for some fishing tomorow :yahoo: . Ofcourse i couldn't refuse and we were set and at cooks river this morning at around 6am after grabbing some bait on the way.

After launching 'double trouble' we went straight to get some yakkas and in about an hour we got 10 or so in the live well. Also saw some tailor breaking the surface and james got 3 hook up in 3 casts, when i finally rigged up a popper they were long gonee :mad3: and soon were we - straight past the heads where we put a spread out consisting of small-medium skirts and a diver.

Didn't get any hits so went straight to the 10k fad where we saw a flybridge cruiser hooked on and we soon stoped and did passes by. I was first on, hooking what i thought to be my first ever dollie. It gave me a great fight on my KR snapper rod and to much suprisement a 45cm kingie comes up. I think this king gave me more of a fight then the one i got at molinex point the week beofre which measures 65cm. James also got busted of on a 6lb baitcaster outfit about 2 times and landed the third one about the same size as mine.

We saw many kings following our baits but just did not take it..also saw some very nice dollies that wern't interested in our live yakka's.

After about 30 minutes 3 of us feel crook after rolling around the huge swell. I don't get sick to often and man is it unpleasant feeling. We then cut our planned trip to the peak and merries reef short, and went to molineax point.

The swell was SMASHING on the island on the way back, never seen it so big. :1yikes:

We anchored at mol. for around 1 1/2 hours for nothing..only some sneaky fish (suspected crabs) :ranting2: taking our squid.

With all the shit floating around from the wash, one of the motors telltail wasn't pumping out water like it should, so we limped back to the third runway where we started a drift..not much around only started getting hits when getting closer to brighton. 3 of us picked up tailor at once on prawns(?)

After that it was back to the ramp, and once again even though there wasnt many fish around, I had an awesome time aboard a awesome boat fishing with some awesome people:1prop:

Thanks for the invite mate, hope we can do it all again soon

edit: finally have the pics, sorry so late.

setting up Double Trouble

p1020246gq0.jpg

james handling the slippery king

p1020247cw0.jpg

jame's FAD king

p1020250dp7.jpg

Edited by domza

Hey guys,

yeh it wasn't a bad day out, just watching the kings and dollies was my hi-light and i was the only one that chucked up :05: .

Planning a trip for friday night dom if theres a spare spot its yours.

Motor is fixed now something was blocking the waterpump all good now.

And im changing from 6lb mono to 10lb braid any reccomendations on what brand?

cheers james

Hi James,

The seas are supposed to be increasing to 2m on a 2m swell - I think today was supposed to be the pick of the weather as there is supposed to be a storm Friday arvo as well.

I'm from out your way, so let me know when you are going out and if I can get a crew together as well, we can tag along.

Cheers

Greg

Hi James,

The seas are supposed to be increasing to 2m on a 2m swell - I think today was supposed to be the pick of the weather as there is supposed to be a storm Friday arvo as well.

I'm from out your way, so let me know when you are going out and if I can get a crew together as well, we can tag along.

Cheers

Greg

yup your just around the corner from me, check your pm's

Guest Big-Banana

And im changing from 6lb mono to 10lb braid any reccomendations on what brand?

cheers james

Fins or TUF line mate, exy but very worth it.

Not a bad effort guys,

too bad the Dollies didnt wana play,

and shame about the not so good weather.

penguin

It wasnt to bad the weather swell was up but hardly any chop so a up and down ride goin out again on sunday, congrats on the 1000 posts penguin.

cheers james