Clifton Gardens 11/1/07

KingsRule

Nice looking fish.

The kings that are cought in close are very different in apearance to the kings caught outside, at the fad yesterday me and domza got into some kings that were very pale in colour but fought alot harder.

Explanation please.

cheers james

nice fish there mate.

i have heard about the kingies and clifton gardens and wanted to know why so many kings were appearing around there, especially around the wharfs.

frankp

There probably is a good source of food around there, kingfish like structure thats why so many bust offs occour.

They might also be there for different reasons to for example tides and water temp?

cheers james

Yea, there seems to be a sh!tload of kingys around this area at the momentt, there probly there because of all the baitfish, yakkas, frogmouth pilchards and whitebait schools.

As for the colouring on them , im not sure, i guess they adapt to suit there environment like other fish..?

I remember out at bluefish point last year on a charter , the kings were on the surface and were almost bright blue on top, the ones ive seen in the harbour always seem to be green~brown.

Guest Big-Banana

Nice looking fish.

The kings that are cought in close are very different in apearance to the kings caught outside, at the fad yesterday me and domza got into some kings that were very pale in colour but fought alot harder.

Explanation please.

cheers james

I've noticed the same thing, When I caught a 45cm-50cm rat I thought I was onto a great dollie. I think its just the fact that your using light gear and not much line out to start with...

Well done Kings Rule, thats a nice fish from the land.

They are sporadic through the Harbour and will be in Clifton off and on. They do congregate around the exclusion zone of the fuel wharf and no doubt do sorties from there.

Just a small piece of advice too if I may, if the fish are undersized or intended for release it is best to keep your fingers out of the gills, this will very greatly increase the survival rate.

Hope you catch some bigger ones next trip,

Cheers,

JD

Was very quiet thismorning, heaps of baitfish , but no action :mad3:

Managed 1 kingy, would have been just under legal.

e1a2ef57fb.png

Hopefully with the tides getting better the action will get hot again next week.

Well done mate

Went out there yesterday morning myself just as you were packing up - pity you couldnt stay to chat. Am pretty new to Sydney and wanted to know if anyone's ever had success with sp's for kings off the pier. Any idea?

Cheers

Alex S

:1welcomeani: Alex

Soft plastics are certainly an option of the peir there.

Just experiment with a few types and you will find something that works for you.

Caught him on a squid strip.

I cant complain , ive caught my fair share of kingys already :tease:

Slosh: plastics have been working well recently, early morning has been working the best.

sizes around 5~7inches in light colours have done the damage.

Caught him on a squid strip.

I cant complain , ive caught my fair share of kingys already :tease:

Slosh: plastics have been working well recently, early morning has been working the best.

sizes around 5~7inches in light colours have done the damage.

Thanks, will try to get into one nice and early then.