Narrabeen Lake 12/1

mrmoshe

Went down to the lake again today expecting the whiting to be willing to play but ...NO!!!

Couldn't raise a one. Tried the usual worms and all I got was 12 smallish bream on them

Switched to my favourite whitebait and managed one nice flattie that went 50cm.

The incoming tide wasn't as fast as on previous days, so that may account for the lack of whiting today.

A few other fishos wading the flats for not much at all.

Still beat being at home in front of the 'puter though.

Cheers,

Pete.

The lake has had its day in the sun for this season. If i had a dollar for every whiting caught over the last few months in the lakes i wouldn't have to work for a while. Oooh what a sweet thought.

Still good fish to be caught though.

Bad luck on the whiting, but good to see your expertise come to the fore on the flatty.

The lake just seems so inconsistent, firing one day and lean on the next.

we were down there the last 2 nites and very inconsistent ...

thursday nite the water was rushing in as we were fishing low -> high and we had good results ..

Same time last nite ... water was dead still ... a very low HIGH tide .. if you know what i mean ..

The :wife: and I went down the there last night at about 1930. Didn't see much actions till about 2200hrs. Caught one at 27cm and then the wife came back from her walk. Grabbed a rod and proceeded to catch a whiting at 36cm. :1yikes: I managed to catch one at 36cm too but she had the last laugh with another at 34cm. We had some live beach worms. Bumped into a mate who hadn't caught much and gave him a couple of worms. It worked a treat as he caught a 29cm whiting.

After that the wife wanted to go so we ended up giving our mate a couple more worms and one of our whitng. Not that much meat on just one whiting. :biggrin2:

ahhhh. Just finished off a half dozen Narra Whiting as we speak. Gotta love that taste :yahoo:

I agree...I usually C&R all my fish but couldn't resist taking a couple home the other day from the Lake

and they were absolutely delicious dipped in beer batter and lightly fried.

Making my mouth water again now just thinking about them.

Hope to pick up some more tomorrow.

Cheers,

Pete.