Lures For Pelagics

ETTY

I'm about to embark on my first fish in Bate Bay with my Baitrunner in a few weeks and having never fished for this species before or the area I don't know what lures to use on them (pelagics)???

Does anyone have some suggestions on brands, shapes, sizes and colours to use on a BR 3500B.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Elliot

Hey mate.

I love the Nilsmaster range of lures. Redhead is my favourite colour and I have had great success on the 15cm ones. Pilchard works a treat also. For sps I love sunami paddle tail and 2 seasons ago they were the most productive for casting at the washline and you can troll them also.

This year it has been 5 inch jerkbaits by Berkley and yum do a great shad in the purple colour.

Good Luck

Hey mate.

I love the Nilsmaster range of lures. Redhead is my favourite colour and I have had great success on the 15cm ones.

I'm a read head :1prop:

For surface fishing for pelagics i only ever use metals/chromes such as raiders, spanyids, sluggos from 17-45grams seems to provide results for me.

cheers james

Mate have a read of my report, http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/inde...showtopic=18386.

All the fish were caught on the new Zoom 3" 'Tiny Fluke' Softplastics. They match the size of the baitfish that the predators are slashing and they are almost identical!

The Zooms will be a little too small for casting on a BR 3500 at the pelagics however you can slow troll these plastics unweighted for similar results!

DAN