Kings For Beginners

R_Zee

Hey raiders,

i havent been posting much as i have been very busy at work (when im not fishing :1prop: )

my younger brother George (15) and little cousin Mark (12) have been nagging me to take them out so they booked me in for saturday.

Charly came along as well on his 3rd trip fishing for kings despite the short notice (called him at 4:30 in the morning :wacko: )

left home at 5:30 after packing up extra snacks for the young fellows. picked up mark and told his mum that she gets 3 phone calls so she had to use them wisely :1prop:

hit the squid sopt no1 where Master Kelvin pulled up shortly, after a chat we both moved to different spots looking for squid. Ended up with 8 squid, 6 for uncle Tony, 1 for George (first squid) and one for Charly.. Marky came up with heaps of weed!

had enough of catching squid (sort of) and decided to go find some kings.

I tried 3 spots over 2.5 hours for nothing... the usual spots were deserted!

saw Netic and Offtap on the water, Netic told me he got some good squid that day.

Good to see you shared them mate i was going to go back and find you if mine werent enough!

Decided to try middle harbour, George and Mark were asleep on the floor and Charly was starting to give up. I told him i will find the buggers and i knew i will.

On the way to MH i saw someone hooked on a fish at the wedding cake so decided to troll a squid down.

I told mark that he gets stricke number 1 as he is the youngest and that he no luck with the squid.

the sounder showed a good bait ball that kept moving around.

saw Flight Manager anchored next to the wedding cake, he told me he got smoked twice so my adrenalin started pumping. i knew the fish had little chance going too far as my 6500 Saltiga is equipped with 80lb braid and the drag is set at 15kg this time!

got the first hit within seconds and b4 he knew it, Marly landed a 65cm king, his first decent fish.

George was next, downrigged another bait and soon enough got a strike...

I asked Charly to remove the rod from the holder, but the T-Curve refused to move!

that was within 5 m from the structure, i knew it was a better fish so i motored away b4 helping the guys to land the fish.

whe the rod was passed to George he almost lost it. He had no idea how strong these fish are. he asked me to take the rod off him as he was struggling to hold the fish with the drag almost locked.

I told him that it's not going anywhere and he had to land it himself.

a few minutes later he landed a 10lb fish that went 86cm.

We were within meters from Ross and few other boats that were anchored around the structure.

picked up a couple more good fish and some more between 58-65 cm.

All up we kept 7 fish...

decided to call it a day at 1:30 and gave some fresh squid to Ross.

Did you have any luck after i left mate?

I'll let the pics express how happy the guys were..

sorry about the long post ...

i might write a post about sunday as well :1prop:

pics turned out too small..

post-2217-1174898336_thumb.jpg

post-2217-1174899228_thumb.jpg

post-2217-1174899249_thumb.jpg

post-2217-1174899781_thumb.jpg

post-2217-1174899798_thumb.jpg

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Great session there Tony. THat is a mighty fine fish. The little guy is hooked for life. ALways good to hear of someone getting their first taste of pure sydney muscle!!! That fish is big enough to pull the little fella into the drink! Cheers Kelvin

good work out there tony :thumbup:

we did well in the squid department and a few fish to 70cms but that wind really

made it hard to DR and hold anchor...

got to see u got the young fellas onto a fish...

see u out there soon'

cheers steve

good work out there tony :thumbup:

we did well in the squid department and a few fish to 70cms but that wind really

made it hard to DR and hold anchor...

got to see u got the young fellas onto a fish...

see u out there soon'

cheers steve

good stuff mate!

was it at night that you got the squid?

Tony

86cm is a good fish mate, good on ya getting the lads on to some good fish !!

bEN

its the best feeling to see the big smiles on their faces mate..

at least i know they will take me with them one when im too old to take my boat!

tony

G'day Tony ,

We really thought we were in with a chance on Saturday , EVERY one around us was getting hooked up to good sized kings ........ Except us !! Thanks so much for throwing over the squid , alas , we fared no better than we had earlier in the day !! Hopefully , I will be able to post a better report on Wednesday afternoon !!

Ross

Nice one Tony, some solid fish there, you must have taken all the big ones cause we didn't get any over 70cm :ranting2: You should be so kind as to share the biggens around next time :074:

We had a great time though, pulling King after King, they are great fun no matter what size.

Great that the little guys get onto some big fish, I bet it would have been intimidating for them to try to land such a fish, congrats to them.

Edited by 445F

Some nice Kings there mate. well done.

Pretty sure I have seen you out there ...what boat are you guys on ?

thanks mate..

its a 7m sport fisher, dark blue with a 175 honda.

Nice one Tony, some solid fish there, you must have taken all the big ones cause we didn't get any over 70cm :ranting2: You should be so kind as to share the biggens around next time :074:

We had a great time though, pulling King after King, they are great fun no matter what size.

Great that the little guys get onto some big fish, I bet it would have been intimidating for them to try to land such a fish, congrats to them.

we were lucky to hook up a better fish..

i worked hard that day though, i was getting frustrated as i really wanted to get the youngsters fish.

it was good fun... i'll be out there again tomorrow.

stay posted for another report

Good job Rzee......very well done...great to se you get the boys onto kings

thanks Oz,

will c u on the water soon.

post-2217-1174950203_thumb.jpg

Edited by R_Zee

thanks mate..

its a 7m sport fisher, dark blue with a 175 honda.

we were lucky to hook up a better fish..

i worked hard that day though, i was getting frustrated as i really wanted to get the youngsters fish.

it was good fun... i'll be out there again tomorrow.

stay posted for another report

thanks Oz,

will c u on the water soon.

that boat needs a name!!!