Squid But Nooooo Keepable Kingys

Piss'n'Broke

Hey All

Managed today off an myself an greg headed out for some more kingy fun. Got to our squid spot (X) an it was on for young an old. Got 37 squid for 4hours of squidding. :thumbup::yahoo: . Our best in a LONNNG time. Wattos both of the jiggs used were yours! A pioneer 1.5 an a mako 2.5 :biggrin2:

Took off with all this lovely fresh bait. Anchored @ Quarantine for 2hours for nothing. They were sounding but were not interested in anything. Us with our squid, an the boat along side using yakkas an gars... ZERO!!!

not even a lousy dropped run.

Then tried the last cake... same result :1badmood: . Then thought bugger it tried the temporary marker where the western wedding cake was. FINNAALLY we found them 2 rats then nutting!

Worst of the worst was they were biting like snapper/flatheads... weight, weight, then strike!!! Not the typical Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz king run.

Sorry about the shity quality pic! Alot of swell an chop around this morning, not to mention morons with cruisers!

Final tally was either 3-4 rats. 37 squid, of which 32 have been stored in prime condition for this weekend!.

D & G

post-2246-1174974092_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan and Greg

Mate a good collection of arrows there...shame you couldnt land any more kings.....with that many squid you would expect atleast a few kepers...you gotta move around more and locate the kings...cant wait for them to come to you

Tried 7 different markers all up. I had to leave @ 11am Greg stayed out till 2pm, an spoke to the few other fishos out there today an was quite all round. Like sunday with crappy weather BUT today was a huge improvement weather wise,, so hopes were high :mad3:

Such is life, but why today!!! so much bloody squid

D & G

Witnessed another fisho land a 60-70cm kingy on a squid jigg!!! NO BS! :074::074::074:

This kingy had everybit of this 1.8jigg down its mouth. The things you see ay

D & G

Edited by Dan and Greg

sorry to say but im jealous :mad3: why cant i catch that many squid.

that is some quality bait you have there, awesome stuff. :thumbup:

at least your prepared for your next kingie session.

shame about the kingies though.

Edited by frankp

Guest MRS WATTO

NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT

WELL DONE BOYS, GOOD WORK.

WATTOS JIGS HEY?????????????????????????????????????

WHAT ABOUT SOME SQUID FOR ME

Edited by MRS WATTO

Tried 7 different markers all up. I had to leave @ 11am Greg stayed out till 2pm, an spoke to the few other fishos out there today an was quite all round. Like sunday with crappy weather BUT today was a huge improvement weather wise,, so hopes were high :mad3:

D & G

Witnessed another fisho land a 60-70cm kingy on a squid jigg!!! NO BS! :074::074::074:

D & G

Looks like the process of catching squid can be eliminated going forward.

Might as well just use squid jigs to catch kingies on a permanent basis.

Question : why would you leave a spot that has that many squid????/ WHERE WOULD YOU EXPECT TO FIND KINGS?????? yea thats right where there are shit loads of squid. I did the same thing as you guys did about 5 years ago but now I know that the sensible thing to do is >>>> stick with the bait - or the squid schools.

Try it next time this happens.

I dont bother much with the forums but av a quick read every couple of weeks. BUT i am on the water 3 times a week every week for the last 10 years. and if you are out much during the week you would

have seen me around many times.

regards

andrew - the producer

Probabily have seenen or know you andrew!!

I work a 4 day ON,, then 4 day off roster! So Outa every 8 days Im on the water 4 :1fishing1::1fishing1:

Doesnt get any better than this sides not having to work lol.

As for sticking with the squid I agree..... BUUTTT this spot does have kingys come through infrequently we fish it for kingys sometimes, and you might get 3 kingys over 4-6Hours!!!!!!!!!!. And Im not THAT patient a guy an neither is my brother

D & G

Edited by Dan and Greg

D & G

D & G

thats some crazy sh#t.

well done on catching such a large amount of arrow squid :thumbup: