Sad Sad Times In Roselands

hustler57

hello fellow raiders,

now some of you may know roselands ,

i have lived in ths area with my wife for approx 2 years now, at 1st it was a nice area but lately things have changed, werid noises in the middle of the night and strange people walking up and down the street during the night and finding out that my bushes in the garden along the fence line and my neighbours bushes both being pushed down from when people have jumped the fences, so i am abnle my self to protect my wife and i if some 1 broke in , it worries me that while im asleep some 1 could be out side going throw my boat and my garage, so i have some advice for every one,, i have just ordered cameras , i have ordered 6 cameras and will be picking them up this week and putting them up around the out side of the house, they can be turned off during the day but i can turn them on during the night and when they detect movement they auto record straight back to my computer, now lets see them try to take something,

you can also get dummyy cameras from bunnings ware house for $20 , they would be good to put up where fellow raidesr keep there boats to scare off the bad boys.

i used to live in roselands about 9 years ago when i came to sydney to live (from gods country... Townsville) and you're right, it was a nice place...

but so was punchbowl 15 years ago, and even lakemba 20 years ago... but look at them now.

its only natural that the stupid activity would migrate from those 2 suburbs into the next closest one unfortunately.

we moved when a car drove through the wall of our house at 2am one morning.

good luck with it mate

CFD

That was in the paper. I remember reading about that. It's good that you are ok.

I have surveillance around my place. the greatest thing I have ever done!

Only problem, make sure your motion detection doesn't get triggered by trees and shadows too!!!

Best to just stick it on record 24/7.. I've learnt the bad way of missing out action that was out of my detection zzone.

give me a pm if you need some info on surveillance.

regards,

pete.

Good luck with the cameras. I know a bit about them having used them on several occasions at my work to catch scumbags breaking into cars. A couple of tips when setting them up. Have a good look at your place from the outside looking in and work out the obvious choke points were the scumbags have to walk though. Do not fall into the mistake of having the cameras covering to large an area as they will not record any useful detail. You are better off to lose some of the area of coverage and concentrate the focus on key choke points where a would be scum bag has to walk through so that you get some good detail. Also, if the cameras are going to be used at night set them up at night so you can check the quality of the footage. They work well in tandem with motion activated lighting that makes it easy to fast forward through an hour of footage and know exactly when there was movement in the camera focus area.

EB

yeah thanks for the advice fellow raiders, im in the security industry and ive got heaps of lighting around the house now, my whole front yard is now lit up and the same with the driveway and at night i have my back yard totally lit to the pointt there isnt much difference light wise then during the day, the cameras will be covering every single inch of the front yard , the driveway and my back yard, as well as a back to base alarm, so i guess that we are pretty well safe in the house now ,

mate i no all about roselands i work there practically 7 days a week, have so for the past 8 years in that time its change.. hard place to work sometimes you tend to cop abuse abit,, last week this guy tried to rob the jewllery shop down stairs in the shopping centre, he got away with some stuff but the bloke that owns the shop chased him to his get away car smashed the window and draged him out.. pretty good stuff cops turned up took him away.. hear comes the funny bit his get away car was a toyota echo.. very funny

cheers livebait

i was visiting a friend that lives in roselands a few years ago as we having a coffee in the back of the house we heard gunshots turned to the direction they were coming from and saw the crew of brickies working in the house next door ducking for cover, in five minutes there was police everywere people running up and down the street apparently they arrested a gang in a house one street up and found a stack of weapons and other stuff.haven't been back since. :1fishing1:

After several incidents with my boat, someone trying to set it on fire and someone trying to steal one of the motors we now have 4 security cameras all pointing on the boat.

Not going to stop people but will deter them and catch them, let me say onething, if i catch anyone touching my boat and they shouldent be i will break there legs.

cheers james

Take the car :biggrin2: it's insured, dont touch my downhill bike but i love that.

My mate turned his back for 5 seconds away from his $2500 mountain bike, down at the local shops, he turned back around GOOOONESKIS.

cheers james