Nsw Election Results - Legislative Council

Hi guys,

the results were declared at Riverwood this morning.

Roy Smith for The Shooters Party was elected No.20, with the last Nat picking up no. 21 spot.

The mix will now be:

Labor 19 ( with one probably taken out to be President)

L/NP 15

Greens 4 :1badmood:

Christian Dems 2 :biggrin2:

Shooters 2 :thumbup:

So Lee Rhiannon and her green idealogues may not get their own way all the time.

Let's see if we can stop/slow/reverse some of the Marine Crap Sanctuary Zone crap.

Regards,

Robert Brown

Thats good news.Well done TSP :thumbup:

Just a thought,I was wondering if in the near future

is there a posibility of an alliance or any sort of partnership

with TFP,or is there no chance of that?

I noticed that TFP had drawn about 40,000 votes up to last week.

Would TSP with its 80,000+ votes,along with TFP's 40,000+ votes,

have secured another seat,and if so, from whom would this seat have

come from?

Thanking you in advance,

penguin

Thats good news.Well done TSP :thumbup:

Just a thought,I was wondering if in the near future

is there a posibility of an alliance or any sort of partnership

with TFP,or is there no chance of that?

I noticed that TFP had drawn about 40,000 votes up to last week.

Would TSP with its 80,000+ votes,along with TFP's 40,000+ votes,

have secured another seat,and if so, from whom would this seat have

come from?

Thanking you in advance,

penguin

Hi Penguin.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Not as simple as that ("joining" with TFP). A full "quota" in this last election was about 173,000+ votes. If TSP and TFP had co-listed, then a combined 106,000 TSP + 60,000 TFP would still only yield the one seat.

All that would happen is a change in the ORDER of election the last few candidates.

The Shooters Party goal is to achieve that full quota by 2011, and then move on to tra to match the Greens by adding another full or part quota to deliver two members in the 2015 election.

Long way out you say? Yes it is.... but we are in a WAR with Green ideology, and that will be a long hard fight. TSP has weathered the storm since 1992, been elected now three times out of four ( the "tablecloth ballot sheet screwed us in'99), and we'll be there in another twelve years time.

The reason why TSP wants to increase its vote to a full quota, is that a full quota guarantees you a seat at every election. With a partial quota ( even a healthy one like we have just achieved), there is always a risk that someone "unwelcome" may sneak in.

As an example, the Australian Democrats ( their member almost always voted with The Greens) only narrowly lost out to the eighth L/NP candidate ( who was elected on the L/NP "left over" partial quota).

Over the next four years, TSP will do its best to help and protect anglers as well as shooters ( and foresters/farmers/4WDers, and hundreds of other groups that have had their lifestyles or livelihoods affected by extreme Green politics).

If the SP does a good job, and we do get some "wins" for these groups from the Government, then we hope that the SP vote will increase accordingly in 2011.

The reality is that smaller parties will have to "get up" on a primary vote of about 90,000+ as a general rule (ie., preferences play a much reduced role now). TSP is big enough, and has enough resources State wide to meet that challenge.

The key message out of this election is that The Greens DO NOT have the balance of power in the Upper House any longer. Mind you, they will still be a danger to hunters. anglers and all the other sustainable users for a long time to come.

I personally think that perhaps they have reached a plateau ? :biggrin2: . The Federal Election will be an interesting test.

Regards,

Robert Brown ( MLC and Chairman TSP)

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Bob,

I agree that the Shooters party should stay separate from TFP. I never use to think this but I think if this would happen there would be much infighting and lead to the destruction of both parties leaving every hunter, fisho and 4wdriver screwed!

I am overjoyed by the fact that Roy got in over the other smaller parties as I believe you guys are far more set up to achieve goals then any of the other "single issue" parties.

Congratulations to you, Roy and the shooters party!