Tilt Problem....

Guest MarkD

Hi Fellas,

Looking for assitance (once again)

The tilt on my boat has stopped working, it will go up but not down.... :05:

Has anyone had this problem? It is making the right noise when the switch is in the down position but will not budge....Hoping its something simple but given I am mechnically challenged i am recluctant to start messing about with it myself.

As per Sputniks comments thanks in advance for all help much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Mate if the hydraulic motor is working and theres no movement it could mean she's low on oil from a leak or has air in the system also from a leak.

These things are prone to doing this if their is any kind of leak in the hydraulics and they will work in one direction but not the other.

Check it thoroughly for any suspect leaking areas. Could be as simple as a loose pipe or hose. the system then needs a top up and bleed.

This is only one possibilty but its worth a look as a start, if the hydraulic motor is working ok.

Cheers :D

We had the same problem in out 70Hp johnson a few years back, the tilt went up at the ramp but wouldnt go down.

The problem was in the little stainless tube where the hydraulic oil passes through, it had a hairline crack that was barely visable. A $20 fix and it was back to working again.

So have a close look at that area.

Stevo

Cheers Grant,

I was hoing you'd see my cry for help! Ever thought of a career as an internet marine consultant??!!

I'll take a look at the Pipes etc

Thanks Stevo,

$20...ingers crossed thats the problem!

How good are the fishraiders!!!

I was hoing you'd see my cry for help! Ever thought of a  career as an internet marine consultant??!!

What - and give up my career in the auto industry being abused on a daily basis for trying to help! :1badmood: Geez I wish I could mate. :1prop: I dont give advice much at all these days on either industry, cause im sick of being yelled at.

Think I'll stick to helping out fellow FR's. You guys are always thankfull for a bit of help or advice which makes it worthwile to comment. Just hope you've got an easy fix.

Let me know how you go. :biggrin2: