Middle Harbour 19th 20th

miller

hi all

Me and robo headed out friday night to chase squid got 20 in about an hour and a half so was happy with that and settled in for the night

woke to my livie pump making strange sounds at 3am just before i could turn it off it stopped :ranting2:

tried to get it to go again but it was dead back to sleep and woke at about 7am

headed into MH found a moring and first drop

post-2224-1179559871_thumb.jpg

so a good start dropped a couple then it went quiet so decided to move headed for the spit and the pink markers pulled up and sent some baits down

dropped a small bait down on my 5ft bait caster and 2 winds and its off tried to so it down as it was heading for the mored boats then snap

post-2224-1179560312_thumb.jpg

:ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

my custom rod :( and the fish wins its freedom

So i pull anchor and down rig back the the first spot

dropped the baits again and bang were on again this brings a smile to my face again and robo

post-2224-1179560521_thumb.jpg

in the next hour we boat another six and a snapper 38cm

we keeped 6 kings in total and release the rest

all fish that were boated were legal not on under 60cm so a goood and bad day

post-2224-1179560736_thumb.jpgpost-2224-1179560769_thumb.jpg

cheers miller

Mate,that was sooooooooo good to see the kings are still there.

Most thought that they were sort of all but gone.

Just remember,

"Its war out there,

We shall fight them on the beaches, :mad3:

we shall fight them on the shores, :ranting2:

Its not what your Country can do for you,

but what you can do for your Country, :1prop:

I....had a dream,

that all men shall be created equal" :thumbup:

Whoops................ sorry........... got side tracked.

Sorry about your rod and pump.

Casualties of War ! :wacko:

great stuff mate, top effort on firstly catching the bait then converting it to that extent. i know first hand if you dont get the bait u dont realy have a chance.

great pics and looks like a top day out.

fantastic miller, nice work with the kingies.

i just cant believe that the kingies are still around, i use to always think that they were a summer fish.

Edited by frankp

• 4 months later...

Nice work mate....

The king on the bottom in the first photo kinda looks under 65cms though, Dont forget they bumped up the minimum size for kings!!!! Also dont forget that if you get one right on 65 that they sometimes shrink a couple of cms after you bleed em so by the time you get back to the ramp if the fisheries officer is wanting to check catches you might be in a spot of bother..... not that we have ever been checked but all the same best to watch out.

Great catch though.... good to see middle harbour already into the swing of things!!!!!

Nice work mate....

The king on the bottom in the first photo kinda looks under 65cms though, Dont forget they bumped up the minimum size for kings!!!! Also dont forget that if you get one right on 65 that they sometimes shrink a couple of cms after you bleed em so by the time you get back to the ramp if the fisheries officer is wanting to check catches you might be in a spot of bother..... not that we have ever been checked but all the same best to watch out.

Great catch though.... good to see middle harbour already into the swing of things!!!!!

Hey fishlexic

I was done by this post as well, its from May!!

When i read it i thought stuff the rest of work im heading in for a fish now with the kings firing!!

Hey fishlexic

I was done by this post as well, its from May!!

When i read it i thought stuff the rest of work im heading in for a fish now with the kings firing!!

Geeze im onto it this morning!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys ill wake up now! :05:

Collecting live bait and sleeping out on the water with a boat to suit is a good way to fish for kingfish........ Being ready for early morning action saves time catching bait and hunting around when the signs are no longer there..... Kingfish generally move back out when the bait fish have found cover.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Dont forget new kingfish size limit has changed from 60 to 65cm!

This is a old report.

As Anglers may or may not be aware this year on the 3rd Sep. There is now a new size for Yellowtail kingfish

which is 65cm's also many other species and bag limits changes

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/aboutus/news/rec...-fishing-limits

please everyone when posting responses

keep in mind the site rules

CLICK HERE FOR SITE RULES

Regards

Johnno

Edited by johnno