Fad And Browns

offtap1

Loaded up with 22kg of pillies for cube session at browns, but first off wanted to hit Wide Fad for look and then try our first ever Bottom Bash at Browns before our cube session started. GrantKingfish , mate Joe and I gathered some livies before scooting out to Wide Fad, bit windy early but panned out nice later, picked up 8 dollies on livies and pillies, slow trolled a Tuna spread to Browns for ziltch and met up with everyone else, cubing , trolling, Bottom Bashing. Didnt have a clue about Bottom Bash Marks and pulled up on a spot which looked ok on sounder 390m deep and rocky. First Drop took 4 minutes to find home with home made weight , quick retrieve off bottom and the wait began, waited all of 5 seconds when rod made some good solid hits and we were on to who knows what, felt this thing all the way to top until our First Blue Eye breaks the surface , weighed in at 14kg and 105cm long, a few high fives all round then back to drop again, a few snags and some lost rigs before we hook up solid and bring up 2 x Nice Gem Fish along with 4.5kgs of home made Sinker . Didnt get to cube this time but kept the pillies frozen for next time. Cheers Dave

post-1870-1180169294_thumb.jpg

Edited by offtap1

Top effort dave, nice blue eye, good to see the dollies are still around, hope they will be there for another 3 weeks, need 2 cristen the new rig :1prop: .

What was the water temps like around the fad?

cheers james

I was out there at Browns as well and I saw you guys cubing but we never bothered cause we could see nothing happening. We caught 3 Blue eye and a couple of gemfish and headed home

post-477-1180176853_thumb.jpg

Edited by rzep

Guest MRS WATTO

Great report there Dave!!!!!!

Bet you all had a good day, great catch by the way.

We have missed your weekly fishing reports.

Guest mrs rzep

Sounds like you had a great day out Dave! :thumbup:

I am sure you would have caught alot more if you had the Trainee's on board with you today :yahoo:

Just remember that member's shirt in a size Medium! :074:

MC

well done dave on the blue eye and gem fish esp since in was ya first bottom bash at browns.

i gotta get one of those wheel on fortunes for my boat. hehe.

my mate was out there that day and told me that he saw you out there.

thinking of heading out there this weekend

Top effort dave, nice blue eye, good to see the dollies are still around, hope they will be there for another 3 weeks, need 2 cristen the new rig :1prop: .

What was the water temps like around the fad?

cheers james

Hi James the temp at wide Fad at 7am was 19.8 deg, would u believe.

I was out there at Browns as well and I saw you guys cubing but we never bothered cause we could see nothing happening. We caught 3 Blue eye and a couple of gemfish and headed home

Nice Hall of Fish Dorado2, we didnt get to cube yesterday, Whats your call sign, next time give me a call on 16 OffTap Cheers Dave

Sounds like you had a great day out Dave! :thumbup:

I am sure you would have caught alot more if you had the Trainee's on board with you today :yahoo:

Just remember that member's shirt in a size Medium! :074:

MC

Your Shirts on Order , Medium right.

DAYUM

hauling up a 14kg fish plus a 4 kg sinker

what sought of gear do you have ?

Hi Robeebee, gear was a Fully Rollered 7ft 37kg Rod, 80lb Braid and a manual overhead reel with electric assist. Cheers Dave

a great haul Dave and Co.

ive got some good pics of you guys which i will post up here when i get them around midday.

was good to catch up and i bet you guys were DEAD after wattos and your day out LOL

CFD

We were stuffed after big night and no sleep, asleep at 7 last night. Good to catch up again. Cheers Dave

Hey Dave how bout a pic of your new bottom bashing outfit...would be interested to have a look.

Electric assist, how much assistance does it give??

Mate still a lot to learn with it , we had a lot of fun with it, but we found it over heated a few times on real heavy lifts so manual retrieve was required while reel cooled down, Manual Retrieve was extremely slow with 1.3/1 ratio , about 5 winds to 1M. We need to re think our Sinker Rigs as no sinker is going to assist us by expanding with Air on retrieve., :074: 2 rather large Gem Fish and at that time nearly 6kgs of sinker had 37kg rod bent over hard and 80 lb Braid singing in the wind.

PIC

post-1870-1180221827_thumb.jpg

great work out there dave, awsome fish there plenty of eating to do. did u finally get a winch did ya?

Nah Adrian picked up something different, pics in report, down from top pics

Nice Fish Dave

Glad u r still getting amoungst it.

Iain and I went a cpl of weeks ago for some dollys at the wide fad but 2 much current and wind to cube or bottom bounce at browns have to wait for antoher wkend..

Jon

THANKS FOR THE GREAT DAY OUT DAVE........ :thumbup::thumbup:

HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME WE CAN GET INTOSOME BIG FIN..... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

HOW DID THE COD TASTE? :biggrin2:

Mate Cod was awesome but i reckon Gem fish tasted a lot better. Mad quality eating.

Nice Fish Dave

Glad u r still getting amoungst it.

Iain and I went a cpl of weeks ago for some dollys at the wide fad but 2 much current and wind to cube or bottom bounce at browns have to wait for antoher wkend..

Jon

Mate will have to Team or Buddy up reel soon, give us a yell Mate.