Rod To Match Baitrunner 4500

kantong

hi all,

picked up a baitrunner that im going to use for fishing beaches and rocks.

Now Im also looking at using this reeel on a boat, and I don't have a rod for this.

Spooled with 20lb mono atm, will switch to braid if needed, but i dont think its necessary at the moment.

the Shimano Bluewater Saltwater Spin looks the goods, anyone got some more info on this rod or make recommendations on some rods?

Another one is a texxie!! woohooO!!

cheers

Kevin

Edited by kantong

I love the Millerods.. great action and quality components. Pricey though..

The Medalist series from Pfluger are also fantastic. They have Titanium framed SIC guides and the blanks are incredibly strong for their diameter. Worth a look.

Cheers

C.

the Shimano Bluewater Saltwater Spin looks the goods, anyone got some more info on this rod?

Kevin, are you talking about the Shimano T-Curve Bluewater Spin 7ft 6"?

If so, yes they are unreal for factory rods. The 7ft T-Curve Kingmack 8-12kg would be a better choice for a 4500 Baitrunner in my opinion. Sweet stick :thumbup:

Cheers

Red

I reckon a 4500 might be a bit small for the rocks & beach?

A 6500 would have been a better choice IMO.

You'll need something that'll be able to cast a fair way. An 8ft rod would be perfect. Maybe have a look at a Wilson Livefibre RLF20. 8ft 8-10kg.

Kevin, are you talking about the Shimano T-Curve Bluewater Spin 7ft 6"?

If so, yes they are unreal for factory rods. The 7ft T-Curve Kingmack 8-12kg would be a better choice for a 4500 Baitrunner in my opinion. Sweet stick :thumbup:

Cheers

Red

gday Red there's a bluewater spin and a T-curve Saltwater spin thats 7ft.

whats the kingmack like? got some more info? maybe a PM may be better.

Cheers,

kevin

Kantong, in my opinion, the 7ft Saltwater spin is the worst rod in the T-Curve range. I think from memory its rated at 5-10kg. Its more like a 4-6kg stick and not a very good one at that.

The Kingmack on the other hand is awesome. Rated 8-12kg and pefect for 10kg. I bought one of these sticks as it was the best factory rolled 10kg spin stick i have seen. Not a fan of the texxie for the $$$$. Had the 7ft 8-15kg model and sold it in a flash. I found the texxie to be very heavy in weight, had cheap componentry and too soft in the tip for my liking. The Kingmack was a little cheaper but twice the stick in my opinion. Excellent blank and quality Fuji Silicone Carbide guides to boot. Take a look and i'm sure you will be impressed.

Cheers

Red