Coal Ship Runs Aground

Davemmm

Two other ships have also broken their moorings, under full thrust they are struggling to stay in the same spot... according to ABC news...

P.S. also on the ABC News, a 17m wave was recorded on the Newcastle waverider not long ago.

Two other ships have also broken their moorings, under full thrust they are struggling to stay in the same spot... according to ABC news...

P.S. also on the ABC News, a 17m wave was recorded on the Newcastle waverider not long ago.

17m, GEEEEEEEEZZZ

hi all reminds my of the time my mate drove his boat straight into a big sand bar on the georges river on a night fishing trip we did we new we hit it 115hp going pretty bloody quick to i might add and we still didnt get any fishing done

cheers mick

I was only reading in that Sydney afloat mag last month the story of that ship that ran aground off newcastle in 1974. The author finished by saying with heaps more ore carriers up there now it is quite likley to happen again some day...spookey

jim

Yeah apparently they are loath to move once anchored because they loose their spot in the queue - well, thats what ive heard. So they take the punt and stay in the shallow water. But once the big seas come up and wind blows, if they get side-on, they are sitting ducks. I believe that the previous one beached was side on too, similar to this one...