Laughing At Ebay Feedback For Fishing Tackle

jewgaffer

i've noticed how many people leave negative feedback for sellers after swooping on 99 cent fishing items on ebay with wonderful descriptions and photos.

it's amazing how many buyers expect to receive $99.00 quality fishing rods reels and dozens of other fishing items fand only pay 99cents for them.

some sellers are a wake up and sell a fall apart $40.00 reel with a postage fee of $58.00 in a spot that buyers would hardly notice

they leave negative feedback for sellers who then leave retalliatory feedback for them nearly everytime, even tho the buyers have paid the 99cents and simply received the goods.

what a shammozzle.

no wonder why buyers congratulate sellers with highly complimentary feedback on chuck out fishing items the system must have em beat and too scared to say otherwize.

in ebay feedback it seems to be 3 strikes and your out or for some it seems ulcers would develop and their whole lives would be ruined forever by just one negative feedback.

power sellers don't seem to care one iota about a negative against them as when they reach a thousand or so theirsales shannigans continue in full knowledge that they will lose only about .001%from a feedback percentage around a constant 99% or so.

if i ever get trapped on ebay i am simply goping to leave a big red negative for them with only one word, AMBIGUOUS and as i have paid they will use up all their time on asking me why in the space provided.

i am certain that they will not be able to retalliate at all to negative feeding just saying the word AMBIGUOUS and i am sure they will be tearing their hair out if everyone else says the same. :074:

any views on this fishing subject that i bought up for a change.

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

It actually is quite funny seeing the negative feedback ppl leave for an item they bought for 99c. it just shows they dont know of the phrase "u get what u pay for".

whats also amusing is when a friend of mine (newbie fisho) told me he bought an awesome rod and/or reel for 99c....he also forgo to notice the $50 postage and handling from overseas :074:

Cheers

Davy

I pretty much keep to aussie sellers ,Ive recently bought 2 Baitrunners 6500,the first i paid 200 bucks

for and the second on a different auction ended up only 170,both brand new and to buy from your local

tackle shop they want about 260. And both were from the same seller.

If you want to see what i mean have a look on ebay at the good reels that i mentioned,and you will see

that all the winning bidders so far for the top reels have not got there ebay I.D.s displayed instead it will

have bidder 1,or bidder 2,or bidder 4,whatever number they choose.because they wont disclose there

names,instead want to be anonymous,why?because they are not genuine bids.The fair dinkum buyers

will always have there name displayed,for example i would have NEXUS123,or something like that.

actually mate i think you will find that ebay has just introduced a policy whereby all bidders names are not disclosed to you unless you are the actual seller. You will only be able to see your own name when you check it. This may only come into effect once the item reaches a certain price but that is what happens, not because they are dodgy bids....

So explain how you are the poor old fisherman if win the auction and pay a price you willing to pay for it?? If you pay too much that is really up to you. Powersellers rarely start at $1. Anyway how much is too much, thats a very subjective question.

I recently picked up a certate 4000, nitro magnum butt, spooled with 30lb power pro for $525. Excuse me if that isn't a good deal?

I have done over 180 transactions and have never had a problem. I have never got around to bidding more than I am willing to pay as that has never quite made sense to me.

Tiagra 30wrlsa for $450 US, yes please, got one of those as well.

actually mate i think you will find that ebay has just introduced a policy whereby all bidders names are not disclosed to you unless you are the actual seller. You will only be able to see your own name when you check it. This may only come into effect once the item reaches a certain price but that is what happens, not because they are dodgy bids....

that is spot on!

but if you smell a rat bidding on his own stuff, (shill bidding) let him have it he is paying the fee :074:

measure twice and cut once!

..stevo!..

some unfortunate fisho like us comes along and makes the final bid & ends up getting

that item.

That's ridiculous - you only bid what you're happy to pay! I generally have a maximum bid of about 60% what I would pay at a tackle store. If I win the item, I'm over the moon! Have done really well, for example paying $600 each for two Jap Stellas (that come with a $200 spare spool) worth $1200 each. Try getting a local shop to match that!

the winning bidders so far for the top reels have not got there ebay I.D.s displayed instead it will

have bidder 1,or bidder 2,or bidder 4,whatever number they choose.because they wont disclose there

names,instead want to be anonymous,why?because they are not genuine bids.

That is also incorrect - as Dicko says, it is just the new eBay policy.

QUOTE(nexus @ Jul 12 2007, 07:09 PM)

the winning bidders so far for the top reels have not got there ebay I.D.s displayed instead it will

names,instead want to be anonymous,why?because they are not genuine bids.

As DavidL & Dicko indicated, it is just the new eBay policy.

Ebay have a note up explaining

To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails (such as fake second chance offers), eBay has changed how bid history information is displayed. If you place a bid on a higher-priced item, only you and the seller of the item can see your User ID in the bid history. Other members will only see anonymous names, such as Bidder 1.

You can check bidder history to see if recent/bids etc even if only shows as Bidder1, 2 etc.

If its worth the money other will bid for it, so you will always get some competition. If you think dummy bids dont buy it if it goes above your $ limit.

I have been caught out more buying SH gear that is indicated as "as new" but is anything but. I am more careful now, but have got some good bargains.

Tight lines

Copa