Fishing Licences

Gdayyyyyyyyy all ,I just got off the phone with Ross Hunter and he informs me the Fisheries People are on a mission at the moment :biggrin2:

He got boarded at the Hump yesterday and at Browns Mountain the other day :1yikes:

Make sure you have all your paper work in order and your catch is all above board as there are steep fines for the foolhardy and "I did not know" wont cut it these days :(

Just a little bit of advice for everyone out fishing.

Cheers Swordfisherman

thanks for the heads up. i still have 2 more years until i need a license :biggrin2:

Yes Philip ,I do as well .It does pay to have a look at your license from time to time too make sure it isnt expired as the outlay for our recreational fishing license is pretty minimal. The fines are not.

Regards Stewy

No excuses for not been able to buy one either.

Updated mine on the fisheries website on the weekend and it took all of 60 seconds to do and since I wasn't getting it from a tackle shop it saved me lots of money at the same time and saved some poor tackle shop owner his valuable time where he could be serving someone who wants to buy tackle instead of something of no value to him like a licence. :biggrin2:

Licence info

OR

Online licence payment

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

got checked on sunday in botany, boat was a seaferer twin motor got some stickers of them they told me they are on a mission to inforce the new limits for this summer they went through a few boats they told me they didnt have to fine anyone but they didnt see any big catches anyway i was so proud of my three trevaly one flattie and one bream total :1fishing1:

Hi Tony

What time did they check you ?

I saw a blue hulled cat running around the drums

and the tanker that looked like it might have been

fisheries when we came back in through the bay

from Browns about 2.30pm on Sunday, was that

them

Didn't notice them at Browns while we where there

Chris

I'm just curious guys, once you pay online how do you get the license?

Do you just print out a receipt from the computer and carry that around?

Thanks

G'day zrealist

You print out the online receipt which is given when you pay and this is used as your temporary licence.

Then, like mine, wait 3 - 4 days and you get the official licence in the mail.

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

Mine is laminated and lives in the lid of my tackle box :biggrin2:

the only problem is the size of the damn thing

For a 3 year license I reckon they should issue a card like your

boat license :thumbup:

Chris

I wish they could just add a box to my boat lic. Then I wouldn't think of having to pay it seperately.

I renewed mine recently :)

While I was there I asked if I could buy 2 more to keep on board to cover people that are not fishos but enjoy being on the boat with a line in the water perhaps once or twice a year. I was willing to pay full price to save my guests the hassle of getting a licence for a day, but was told I need to be a charter operator to do that.

My boat legally holds 7 adults, I would happily pay a yearly licence fee to cover the boat if it was offered at a reasonable rate. It would be a win win for all involved, they would have revenue and I would not have to worry about my uncle not having a licence on the one day he is in the country and wants a day on the harbour..

End Rant :)

Robbie.

You obviously don't know Mr john smith. He is the visitor on my boat every year and his lic remains on board. I bought it originally as we had a bloke I'd never met coming out so I didn't know his name as a one off fish. Just paid and wrote John Smith as I agree with Lic just don't agree with hassle of them and manually renewing. It is not as if we are abusing the system as we are not shareing the lic and it might cover one of us who enevitably ends up forgetting ours have expired. We generally have a couple of kids on board anyway. Would really appreciate a boat lic for 4 adults and happy to pay for it in addition to my normal one just to save the hassle and the moment when a fisheries person pulls up. Even better if it was a sticker for the boat and that way we couldn't misplace it and just put it next to the rego sticker. A tear out voucher book or anything would be better.

All is a distraction from enjoying water , boating and fishing.

Don't even think of getting me started on consolidating govt departments or should I say a complete level of government even!!! The role they do is fine but geeze does it take a lot of them to do it and keep up with their own internal paperwork .

Pel

Edited by pelican

• 1 month later...

I renewed mine recently :)

While I was there I asked if I could buy 2 more to keep on board to cover people that are not fishos but enjoy being on the boat with a line in the water perhaps once or twice a year. I was willing to pay full price to save my guests the hassle of getting a licence for a day, but was told I need to be a charter operator to do that.

My boat legally holds 7 adults, I would happily pay a yearly licence fee to cover the boat if it was offered at a reasonable rate. It would be a win win for all involved, they would have revenue and I would not have to worry about my uncle not having a licence on the one day he is in the country and wants a day on the harbour..

End Rant :)

Robbie.

This is such a good point. I often find myself having to put rods and crab pots back in the car if my workmate or whatever didnt pick up a short term licence like I told them to.

Would be sooo much easier if I could just pay to cover my boat for max no. people fishing. Would very rarely approach the limits - 40 witches hats is alot for a 25 foot boat! So fisheries would be winning at the end of the day!