Mercury 50 Hp

Tom Tom

Calling on the brains trust here...........

I have 50HP Mercury Oilo injected, 2 stroke, 3 cylinder, electric egnition, 93kg, sitting on a 4.6m Quintrex.

Q1 Is it able to be started manually, if I get stuck out there?

Q2 Could you install a 75 HP (138 Kg) on a 4.6m Coast runner?

Hi Tom, answer to Q1 is Yes. You will need a ripcord with a knot on the end that once the flywheel cover is removed you can wraped the cord around the flywheel and making sure you have the engine going clockwise and the igition key switch to the "on" position and the kill switch in the "run" position you will be fine. I have done it many times.

As for number 2, check you compliance plate on the hull and I doubt the 4.6 Coast Runner will have a rating of 75HP, I think it will be 60HP, because do not forget the engine you are thinking of is the detuned 90HP and is very powerful and on the back of that boat in the wrong hands it could be dangerous-that is what the Manufacturers have to be aware off. Todays Quintrex and Stacer of the same size are only rated to 60HP so I would not be recomending it from an insurance point of view, they will void your insurance is the hull is overpowered.

Cheers,

Huey.