Rod Broken

micksfishn

hi all i just got myself a 1-3kg rod which is just great but i had the rod in the car today bumped it and broke the tip :1badmood::1badmood: it is a 2 piece rod my question is can i just replace the top piece or do i have to buy a whole new rod all i have used in the past is 1 piece or never broken a 2 piece so i dont know

cheers mick

Edited by breamhntr

Depending on how much of the tip you lost will determne the feasibility of repair.

I broke the tip on an expensive 1 piece flick stik and I adjusted the last three guides and put a new tip runner on the broken end... It is now better than before as it is more stiff and great for throwing plastics.

Despite whether you obtain a replacement top section, you should do this as then you wil have a spare section and, one that gives the rod a different performance. :biggrin2:

Good tip Ceph.

I've done the same thing myself. It's easy to turn a 1-3kg stick into a 2-4kg one. Then you have 2 rods for the price of 1.5! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

That's right..

And, you never know when you will break that tip again (or lose the whole lot over the side as I seem to be good at!!) :mad3:

Edited by Ceph

hi all i just got myself a 1-3kg rod which is just great but i had the rod in the car today bumped it and broke the tip :1badmood::1badmood: it is a 2 piece rod my question is can i just replace the top piece or do i have to buy a whole new rod all i have used in the past is 1 piece or never broken a 2 piece so i dont know

cheers mick

Give a shop a call. Depending what brand they should be able to help.

Also, a lot of home and contents insurance policies will cover accidental breakage of sport equipment even while outside.